[RESOLVED] Burning Trouble

Thread: [RESOLVED] Burning Trouble

Ken1915

Question Burning Trouble

I have a HP Cd-Writer Plus 8100 running Adaptec Easy Creator 3.5c, And I have nothing but problems Burning Music CD's. I get skips, I get, where it starts a song then stops and starts the song over again. I never know when it will work great or when I start producing Coasters. I stopped using Adaptec to copy the song's to my HD and started using "Windac". I know the songs are being copied to the HD with no problems. But Adaptec has trouble burning the CD.

I defrag everytime before burning! I have plenty of ram,(128)Speed (400) and HD space (30gig).
    Could it be the CD Brand?,or anything else Im not aware of. Or should I try another burner program? Nero, WinCD, ???
    Has anyone else had this problem??
    Its driving me nuts!!

Thanks
    Ken

jastan

Hi ken, from the way U describe, seems like the CD Player is activated. If so, turn it off 1st before proceed with "burning". My advice is this, since U got so much disc space, partition your hard disc into smaller capacity (eg 4GB) drives and do an image copy first. Might take a longer time but less trouble. U can also check out Adaptec's web site (http://www.adaptec.com) for any patch files. The last date build for 3.5c is 23/9/99.

Hope it'll brighten up your day.
    Regards

Ken1915

Thanks for you help..But I dont want to copy the whole Music Cd, just one or two songs from each one. Disk Copy copies the whole CD. Not what I want to do.

I dont have the player going when I copy, Nothing is running when I burn. But it still gives me Trouble!

Going to have to ruin more Cd's trying to figure it out.

Ken1915

And I have downloaded the patches, and partitioned my drive's into smaller chunks.
    everthing is clean and new (reformated everthing)

Wish someone would get a brain storm and invent better software and hardware for us!
    Adaptec people may be smart, but they are surely no help!
    Thanks

Do the failures happen with the same brand of CD media? Have you tried different brands? For some "name brands," the failure rate can be as high as 50% of the box or higher. Lots of coasters!

Since I started using Maxell with my HP 7200i, I have had only one failed burn.