Jallentino FIRED!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jallentino FIRED!

Post Jallentino FIRED!

Brothers and Sisters of Windrivers, Jallentino was fired Friday after 12 years of impeccable service. I worked for a large insurance company for 12 years in IT and WITHOUT WARNING was canned for Personal use of Company Email systems. What a crock of crapola. Anyway, got some free time. Got a job offer from the cable company installing modems but holding out for something bigger. I am still in complete shock that they would fire me over this since I am a perfect employee there, my record of service is PERFECT and I have also had PERFECT attendance for 10+ Years.

This is becoming ridiculous.

Big Brother is watching.
    "We have assumed control"

WHAT!! Sorry to hear it! If that happened around here....I would probably be the first to go!! Wow...maybe I should watch it.

I thought you had to be written up and a whole process had to be followed these days. Anyway...good luck..hope you are ok!
    Failure is not an option -- its a "feature" of Windows.

Mama never told me geekhood was gonna be like this....

That sucks, but I gotta ask, what is the definition of "personal use of company email systems"?

Luck finding a new job
    Never approach a computer saying or even thinking to yourself "I'll just do this quickly...."

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Jallentino:
    Brothers and Sisters of Windrivers, Jallentino was fired Friday after 12 years of impeccable service. I worked for a large insurance company for 12 years in IT and WITHOUT WARNING was canned for Personal use of Company Email systems. What a crock of crapola. Anyway, got some free time. Got a job offer from the cable company installing modems but holding out for something bigger. I am still in complete shock that they would fire me over this since I am a perfect employee there, my record of service is PERFECT and I have also had PERFECT attendance for 10+ Years.

This is becoming ridiculous.

Big Brother is watching.
    Dude, I'm sorry, sound liek some one was out to get you. I hope eveything works out.

That's terrible, good luck finding new work.

Some companies are getting ridiculous in their definition of personal use, classifying anything relating to not company related as a no no.

Keep ups posted jallentino, you'll find something soon!

Originally posted by NooToo:
    That sucks, but I gotta ask, what is the definition of "personal use of company email systems"?

Luck finding a new job
    The company used Outlook as an email system, like I said this is a HUGE company, anyways, I was emailing friends, like EVERYONE does on a daily basis, mostly internal i.e. let's do lunch and what-not. WHAM- fired. They didnt warn me or anything. It's a bunch of BS if you ask me someone was gunning for me, I dont know why cause my production was at least 3 times that of any other of the 15 techs in the state. I am stunned. But, I have gotten over it after a weekend of binge drinking and I am moving on to better things. Everyone in the company including my old supervisor tells me to Sue the company, but I just really want to move on and get another job. Sorta strange after 12 years though, will miss a lot of good friends there.
    They fired a tech last year for innappropriate internet use, but this seems retarded to me to be fired over emails.
    "We have assumed control"

AW man, sorry about that. It sounds like your keeping your head held high though. Good luck with finding another job!!And also enjoy your time off, 10 years perfect attendance, you need it!

Oh wow I just hit 200!!, it took long enough.
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

Originally posted by NooToo:

Luck finding a new job
    depends on the company policy, some even go as far as saying that email from employee to employee that is not company related is personal.

I'm sorry about that dude that's BS as far as I'm concerned. I think maybe Elbatcho is right someone had it out for you.

this is one thing I don't have to worry about, here I am Big Brother. But I don't get all huffy about it.

And people wonder why their workforce doesn't seem to have cohesion or loyalty.

When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

I here ya brutha!!! I feel like I almost might be at that point. I work for Texas Instruments as a Network Administrator, and the site I work at here in San Jose is being shut down. So as of September I'll be receiving a large severance package and alot of spare time. I can't wait though. I hope you're not bummed about it. Look at it as a new beginning. That's what I'm looking forward to. I can't wait either, lately I've had absolutely nothing to do, except change a toner cartridge here or there.
    Hello World

I have no doubt in my mind someone was out to kill ya. Is there a way you can look at the policy for "Person Email?" That's bloody ridiculous.

Good luck man. We all know your the man. Obviously someone else did too, and didn't like it.
    Donegal Sixth Brigade
    Scrappin' clanners off the bottom of our mech's feet.

Sorry to hear about your major downfall. Like Elbatcho stated, it kinda sounds like a setup. We all can only hope that maybe it will be a "blessing in disguise" for you in that it will allow you to find someplace to work that will appreciate what you do.

I am the type of person that tries to find a positive side of every negative, regardless of how bad it is or may seem to be at the time. I am sure Doc Foster could tell this better than anyone based on what he wwent thru a few weeks ago. (sorry Doc, not trying to bring past anxiaties or anything)

My 2 cents worth...(begin rant)
    If it were me, i could'nt work for that strict of a company. A company like that dont deserve an employee as good as yourself. I hope you dont take this the wrong way, but if this is how they operate then i think they may have done you a great favor by LETTING YOU OUT OF PRISON after your 12 yr. term. With the knowledge and experience you have behind you, you should not have any trouble at all finding another job that wants to "work for you" and appreciates what you do. (end rant)

Good Luck on your new job!
    When all else fail's...
    Grab a hammer and make it fit!

My advice to you would be to follow what your gut feeling is telling you. If that's to try to get your old job back, then sue them for wrongful dismissal. If you just wanna move on with a new job, then I would just say "F*** It! I don't need them" That's about the best advice I can give you. And almost always IT professionals are in demand.

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar

Wink

Sorry Jallentino.
    Somebody there definately hates you bro. So keep yer head up man, hope the market is good in yer area.
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

CobraTekMax

Originally posted by Jallentino:
    It's a bunch of BS if you ask me someone was gunning for me, I dont know why cause my production was at least 3 times that of any other of the 15 techs in the state.
    Which is probably why someone was gunning for you. It's happened to me before.

Good luck, Jallentino.

Sorry to hear that dude. Personally I would keep in contact with someone you can trust. You'll find out who was behind it eventually

good luck man
    (A)bort (R)etry (G)et a beer?