Your biggest speeding ticket or highest fine - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Your biggest speeding ticket or highest fine

you know what was the best part of living in th 60s 70s ?we were young then and that by itself is great

Young and clueless, those were the days! Zoning out to Emerson, Lake and Palmer, or the original Black Sabbath, or my personal favorite: trippin' to Pink Floyd's Umma Gumma!

Sadly, now I see much more clearly what is really going on and wish I had the luxury of being able to zone out again.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

I ran a red light several months ago - $450 when all was said and done.
    When you’re left out of the club, you know it, when you’re in the club, you don’t see what the problem is.

Ouch! What did you do? Run over the traffic light?

haha, I wish. It was a major intersection, with a sign saying minimum fine of 370$. Well, by the time all the agencies got their little charges and fees added in, the price went up. Considerably. Needless to say, my brakes get more of a workout now. And don't tailgate me near an intersection when the light is changing.
    When you’re left out of the club, you know it, when you’re in the club, you don’t see what the problem is.

I got caught with one of those red-light cameras in Phoenix, AZ. I was from outta state and when the light turned yellow, ALL of the other lanes people were slamming on their brakes. Evidently, they all knew about this intersection. The traffic light immediately turned red (a lot quicker than normal) and flash bulbs went off. About a week later, I received a pic of my smiling face and all of the details of me running that red light.
    They offered defensive driving course locally to clear the ticket but they said they never received my paperwork. So, they declared me guilty, suspended my license (notified my state which suspended my license here since they must honor other states requests). I ended up paying the fine, plus court costs (over $400) and had to go to local court to get my license reinstated.
    Like GE stated above, don't dare tailgate me NOW when the light is changing, as I will slam on those brakes.
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Quote Originally Posted by DonJ View Post
    ...got caught ...in AZ. I was from outta state ....
    My ball & chain went to a conference in AZ, rented a car and exceeded the speed limit on the highway. He got something in the mail from them, had to send money. They got some fancy technology in AZ to collect fines without even pulling you over.

I recommend avoiding AZ.