Your biggest speeding ticket or highest fine - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Your biggest speeding ticket or highest fine

BTW, One more thing (just in case you read my reply above), I just want to make sure everyone know's,... CrueHead is a responsible and safe driver nowadays. The above mentioned items happened many years ago and I've grown much since then.
    Hello World

jj nobody

132 in a 25mph school zone.

37 in a 25 = $54

That was in Des Moines, thankfully, not in a school zone.

Darren Wilson

No speeding tickets yet. Only one ticket issued and that was for having the stereo on too loud = £40.

I had an officer follow me to work one day, over a cup of coffee in the shop, he showed me his radar gun displaying 75MPH which he said he locked on me in a 20MPH school zone. After some discussion, I showed him that the tree outside my shop window clocked 68MPH from his car parked inside my shop. Turned off his A/C unit in car, tree was standing still. Turned back on, clocked tree at 70MPH. I didn't get the ticket, even though I was really doing 25MPH and admitted to that. I'm just lucky that I had been reading up on the subject, and that the officer in question was in fact a friend (yes he was going to ticket me anyway) who was willing to listen. He later told me that most officers write tickets based on expert opinion, not just radar reading. In reality, that is why he followed me and didn't pull a full code stop. He knew I was not doing what the radar showed, and wanted to talk first. Not all cops are $$$$heads, some are real nice people. Need more of that kind, eheh.
    Friend of Charon

Wink

70 MPH in a 35 zone, school zone no less. And to top it off, I lied my way out of a DUI. I was heading back to the frat house after a kegger, to do more drinking.

Fine: $70.00

The last time I got pulled over was for doing 60 in a 45 zone. It was during the Gulf War, and my license was expired, however it was valid as long as I showed my military ID. The cop let me off with a written warning.

Each time I've been pulled over, I can honestly say.....I deserved it.
    I really am trying to understand your point of view, but I can't seem to stick my head that far up my A$$

Talking

Originally posted by In the Wind:
    I had an officer follow me to work one day, over a cup of coffee in the shop, he showed me his radar gun displaying 75MPH which he said he locked on me in a 20MPH school zone. After some discussion, I showed him that the tree outside my shop window clocked 68MPH from his car parked inside my shop. Turned off his A/C unit in car, tree was standing still. Turned back on, clocked tree at 70MPH. I didn't get the ticket, even though I was really doing 25MPH and admitted to that. I'm just lucky that I had been reading up on the subject, and that the officer in question was in fact a friend (yes he was going to ticket me anyway) who was willing to listen. He later told me that most officers write tickets based on expert opinion, not just radar reading. In reality, that is why he followed me and didn't pull a full code stop. He knew I was not doing what the radar showed, and wanted to talk first. Not all cops are $$$$heads, some are real nice people. Need more of that kind, eheh.
    I've had more than one Massachusetts State Police troopers show me their human side. The worst I ever got from them was reading me the riot act. I can say, each time, I deserved it, but each time, those guys let me go with no ticket. They have my utmost respect.

I really am trying to understand your point of view, but I can't seem to stick my head that far up my A$$

I had been only pulled over one other time after my speeding ticket. That was for rolling thorough a stop in Altoona. He chewed me out and let me off with a warning because I didn't live in Altoona at the time.

And to think, I moved there.

I've never gotten a speeding ticket, though I was pulled over once and given a 'warning' by the SDPD (I think they had just gone beyond their jurisdiction and couldn't ticket me), and I once had a CHiPie pull along side while I was doing 85 and chirp his siren (I think he didn't pull me over because he was going off duty and didn't need the quota)

I have gotten a ticket, however, for making a right turn at 8:45 when the sign said "No Right Turn 6-9" I used to be a very safe driver, never sped, obeyed all the traffic laws, until I got that ticket. Then I said, "Screw this! Everyone else breaks the law, and I get a ticket for making a mistake!" The ticket was about $150; it would have been cheeper if I'd kept going straight but drove at 90 instead of 45.

142 in a souped up neon, in a 45 mph on the exit ramp that leads TO the highway.... good thing the cop wasnt about mile down the road...i still had pedal left. was after i got off work at 2am 89 miles from home i was rushing to sleep

total fines court cost and lawyer fees to get zero points
    a little over 6 grand
    Luke, OBGYN Kanobi is the only one!!

Angry

fastest 97 in a 35 = $345 , $35 base + $5 for every mile over the speed limit.

slowest 16 in a 20 = $55 obstructing traffic
    I can win any argument with any computer made yet. Since they really haven't learned to fight back.

Drag racing on a public roadway $80
    108 mph in a 35 ~$420
    wreckless driving $52
    not wearing a seatbelt $35
    having a taillight out $52
    loosing license and paying awful insurance rates for the following 5 years somewhere around $1200
    Having a cop chase you down and pull you out of the car through an open window because you did not know there was one behind you, priceless.

Although I did win the race...

Since then came to the conclusion it is cheaper to overclock a computer then overclock my car.

No speeding tickets for me yet, driving for 8 years now. But I did get one parking ticket - only $5.

Originally posted by Mr Myagi:
    how do they do that?
    bloody ozzie police, hide behind bushes and stuff. have random speed checks, like 2 in one road!
    cripes you dont wanna speed over there!
    Yeah yer right....speeding here is NOT a good idea....which is why i dont, and havent got a ticket as of yet

Burn.

When I was 17, I got a 93mph in a 55mph after I dropped my then-girlfriend off at her house on July 4th. I was two hours late for curfew and in my young, dumb, and full of $&# days, I must have somehow rationalized that if I drive over 90 mph it would work like a time warp.
    If it aint broke, TWEAK it!
    When in doubt, throw it out!!