The Tall and Short of It - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tall and Short of It

Elbatcho

5.7 and 132lbs, I have a high matabolism so I burn off everything I eat. It's either that or all the herion I do, it just doesn't make you feel very hungry.

CobraTekMax

I am a midget in a family of giants. I am 5'10 1/4" (I take every bit I can get). My brother stands 6'8", and my sister is just a hair shorter than me at 5'10" even. My dad is 6'4", and my mom is the shortest of all at 5'8".

I'm the youngest in my family, so I guess either dad had wasted all of the "good sperm" by the time I came along or mom's smoking, drinking and snorting crack stunted my growth.

I am just 1/2 inch shy of 6 feet. In my immediate family, I am the tallest...mom's 5' 2", dad's 5' 10.5". In my extended family, I am straddling the middle...tallest is 6'3....counting in-laws...have someone who is almost 7'.
    Retro-Computing: Not for the faint-of-heart.

I'm just shy of 5'8" and I just can't date someone shorter than me. Trust me, my brothers will harrass the poor guy endlessly. I can hear it now, and it sends chills down my spine. On the plus side, shorter guys normally don't approach me, I usually get the giants . . . 6'4" and above. I would have to say that my ideal match is someone around 6' - 6'2" 200lbs. Then I can wear whatever shoes I want and everything will be cool.
    end of line.

Cool

I'm 6'6" too. I get the infamous question, "Do you play basketball?" No. Do you race horses? Do you play miniture golf?
    "Wow! You're tall!" Really? I hadn't noticed. You know. You're the first person to tell me that!
    "What's the weather like up there?" Well, the smog is rolling in...(fart)

There's a cab driver in my hometown who was 7'6". I was in the coffee shop with my friends, and this giant walked in. My friends coaxed me to stand behind him in line, so I did. They got a kick out of it seeing me so short. I kinda felt bad for the guy, though, cuz I know how it feels.
    ***the Beast
    - That's right...uh-huh... Who's laughing now? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

6'4" (194 cm) I was 6'0" in eight grade. Can you imagine how much I was adored by others of teh same age? Now, it is sometimes painful to go under a desk and un/plug that PC.

6'4"
    pants dont fit
    finding a winter jacket in XL-Tall is impossible
    Cars dont fit
    motorcycles are awkward...need Harley with ape hanger handle bars
    always grabbing stuff off of top shelf.
    bought fridge with freezer on bottom.

Cool

All though school and college I was one of the tallest (Now settled at 5'10"), then when I started my new job it was like Land of the Giants, even the woman were taller than me. Poetic Justice I suppose.

One of my fellow techs is 6' exactly and shes a woman, her ex is 6'5" and their 14 year old daughter is 6'3", and STILL growing.

Scary!!
    Good day to be alive, sir
    Good day to be alive he says, yeah

Originally posted by MacGyver:
    I'll echo your post, Renee: (with a couple of changes)

I'm a 6-foot-6-inch tall male (198cm). I hate not being able to find clothes that fit and having to slouch down in my seat at the movies so people can see over me (let's not even mention the famous "Do you play basketball" question). On the other hand, I love the attention I get, being able to see at concerts when everybody's standing up, and helping little old ladies get things down from the top shelf at the supermarket.

My wife is 5'11" and she has always dreamed of finding a man that is taller than her. Well she got her wish and then some You know what they say about people with big feet....
    they're hard to buy shoes for?

me, I'm 5'11" and I'm almost that tall too J/K
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water

i'm a shade over 6' 6" and a little on the skinny side at 225. low door ways and small cars are painfull, good luck trying to find shoes other than basketball sneakers. do they even make pants with a 36 inch inseam? its ok, i like shirts that bare my belly button. and maybe its just me, but anyone else have any knee problems?

its worth all the crap when i step on a basketball court (maybe thats where the knee problems come from) basketball is my life, its my release from putting up with stupid users all day. i think i'd go crazy without it.
    my current gf is 6' and she rocks. my ex was barely 5' but she was worth it
    i'm happy where i'm at, but if i could i'd like to add 3 or 4 inches, NBA here i come
    take care and tempt not the fates

Originally posted by Elbatcho:
    5.7 and 132lbs, I have a high matabolism so I burn off everything I eat.
    I'm a bit like you Elbatcho - I'm 5'10" tho and 58kgs (what does that compare to lbs?) ppl say im a stick or beanstalk!!!

I'm not too bad as far as comparing to ppl at work - im prolly around the average height so thats okay with me!!!

6'2" and still growing I've been finding it hard to find good clothes lately and getting into cars is taking it's toll on my head.
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...

6foot 5, and gettin' sick of it. I don't hurn any more when I hit my head. I'm just damn used to it. People say 'damn, did that hurt?'. nah, used to it.
    If the police are gonna question anyone, its always me. I guess I just stick out of the crowd. When I was raving, my friends could always find me in a crowded warehouse. boppin' away.
    Advantages? The View (all clevage...) and feeling tough.
    Cons? Cars, Bikes, Clothes, Doorframes (ouch), light fittings, short women, people who just have to ask that damn question. yes, I did play and I sucked!
    Always was looking for a wonderfull tall chick, and the one I have now is about 5'10". Damn, close enough. I was ready to give up anyway. Sad really. I'm still young....
    I'm just a little mushroom. always kept in the dark...

I'm 5'8 and a little tubby at 165lbs.

The thing I hate is people that are taller than me.

Originally posted by opiate:
    The thing I hate is people that are taller than me.
    I respect little people. They're never looked up to!
    ***the Beast
    - That's right...uh-huh... Who's laughing now? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!