The Tall and Short of It
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tall and Short of It

Arrow The Tall and Short of It

Since we've been talking about height lately, why not devote a topic to it? (read, "I'm bored...humor me.")

How tall are you, and what do you love/hate about it?

I'm a 6-foot-tall female (183cm). I hate not being able to find clothes that fit and having to slouch down in my seat at the movies so people can see over me (let's not even mention the famous "Do you play basketball" question). On the other hand, I love the attention I get, being able to see at concerts when everybody's standing up, and helping little old ladies get things down from the top shelf at the supermarket.

I'm 6 foot tall. I find my self hitting my head on many things. My fiancee is 5-3. When we go to her family gatherings, I look like a giant.

You really are an amazon! When can we meet

I'm a average 5' 11" tall, but, and here's the good bit, until 5 months ago I was a massive 17 Stone in weight. Since the rigours of divorce took hold - and I met my girlfriend (who keeps me fit, ahhem) - I have slimmed down to a more manageable 12,10 in weight.
    Where's Jennie??????

CREAMFIELDS - August Bank Holiday Weekend - Old Liverpool Airport. The dance event of the year.

mogul218

I'm 5'6" and I hate it!!!
    Reason #1 - I'm about 2 inches short of being "average" height. Damn, so close but yet so far away.
    Reason #2 - No matter how good looking you are, sometimes height is all that matters to some women.
    Reason #3 - I was damn near 5'6" in 9th grade too and was taller then than all of my friends who are all 6' or more now.
    Reason #4 - A hot tall chick like our own Renee won't even give me the time of day cause I'm so damn short. LMAO Just teasing, Renee.

I guess my personality gets me all the poon tang.

I'll echo your post, Renee: (with a couple of changes)

I'm a 6-foot-6-inch tall male (198cm). I hate not being able to find clothes that fit and having to slouch down in my seat at the movies so people can see over me (let's not even mention the famous "Do you play basketball" question). On the other hand, I love the attention I get, being able to see at concerts when everybody's standing up, and helping little old ladies get things down from the top shelf at the supermarket.

My wife is 5'11" and she has always dreamed of finding a man that is taller than her. Well she got her wish and then some You know what they say about people with big feet....

Originally posted by MacGyver:
    You know what they say about people with big feet....
    Big Hands!!
    Where's Jennie??????

CREAMFIELDS - August Bank Holiday Weekend - Old Liverpool Airport. The dance event of the year.

What's even more true about guys with big feet...they have really big...SHOES.

I'm comfortable being 6'1 and although I personally don't consider that tall for a man, I do notice that I look over the tops of many heads.

I've dated women from 5'1 to 6' so I don't have much of a preference...and I can totally sympathize about hitting your head on things...
    "...my ties I've severed clean
    less I have, the more I gain
    off the beaten path I reign..."

OK, OK! Make room for this 5'4" dwarf!

I can't say I dislike it though. It has it's advantages at times.

Sometimes, because of my size, I can wiggle my way into tighter spaces than an "average" person can. Because of that, I can demand a "dirty money" premium for my ability to get into the tight spaces!
    "what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"

6' 5"

And the weather up here is (spit) RAINING

Hows the weather up there ? Raining
    Did you play Basketball ? Yes I am the white Shaq
    Wow you are tall? No $hit ?
    How tall are you ? Tall enough to see your bald spot.
    "We have assumed control"

LMAO! When anybody asks me how I got to be so tall, I just tell them that I always ate all my vegetables. Like something I did had something to with my height. Sheesh....

Originally posted by Jallentino:
    Did you play Basketball ? Yes I am the white Shaq
    Wow you are tall? No $hit ?
    How tall are you ? Tall enough to see your bald spot.

Originally posted by Mogul:
    ...our own Renee won't even give me the time of day cause I'm so damn short...
    Yeah, right! It's 2:23pm EDT, baby! I'll give you the time of day whenever you want it! And any woman worth her breasts is not gonna discount a guy as a date because of height. Or, that's just my little humble opinion, anyway. Before I got married to Mr. 6'3", I dated guys all the way from 5'5" up to 6'6".

Originally posted by Jallentino:
    And the weather up here is (spit) RAINING
    ROFLMAO!!! I am SO going to use that one someday!

I'm 6'4". I would never date a woman taller than I, because my pride wouldn't stand for it. I would be taller but my mom is 5'2".
    I think he's a good man. I like him. I got nothing against him, but I'm definitely gonna make orphans of his children.
    Drederick Tatum
    Simpsons

Darren Wilson

6' exactly. I believe though that we have had this topic before though, but I cannot be bothered to look for it

6'4" and I can sympathize with all who have problems finding pants that fit right.

How's the weather up there? me:Why dont' you grow up and find out?
    Are you a basketball player? me:Are you a jockey?
    How tall are you? me:tall enough for you to kiss my navel without bending down.
    Your tall. me:your a runt.
    I'm average size. me: I'm better then average.

I really don't mind being tall. The view is great, I can take pain better in the head then most just becuase I'm so used to it. And because I like tall women...I can kiss them standing up with out getting a foot stool or them getting a hernia from bending over.

*NOTE* I am not making fun of an windrivers runts...er...vertically challenged...oops...butt-sniffers...damnit...I'll shut up now.

(I'M JOKING!!! SERIOUSLY!!!)

DARREN!! YOUR SIGNATURE IS GREAT! LOL!!!
    Donegal Sixth Brigade
    Scrappin' clanners off the bottom of our mech's feet.

Originally posted by 'The Doc':
    Big Hands!!
    Big shoes and gloves!

oh, and I'm 6'1"
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010