Pet Show-N-Tell
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Show-N-Tell

Arrow Pet Show-N-Tell

I'm a pet lover and wondering how many other techs out there love their animals.

My favorite pets I've ever had were my three rats--girls named Sara, Rachel, and Abby. Just lost the last one last week...a very sad occasion in our household. My husband loved them as much as I did.

For those who would freak out about rats as pets, I must tell you...
    • They are Domestic Fancy Rats, bred for over 100 years to be human companions, not sewer rats.
    • They are incredibly clean animals, spending more time than cats do grooming themselves (and each other--it's a social thing).
    • They are more intelligent than dogs (scientifically documented).
    • Their personalities are more gentle than cats, and they are as affectionate as puppies.
    • They never bite except in self-defense, but they will lick you like cats do to show affection.
    • They only squeak out of pain or fear; their normal verbal communication is ultrasonic; humans can't hear it.
    • They do not run away when let out of their cage for playtime; they actually will come when called (unless, of course, there's something fascinating that they can't tear themselves away from).
    • They can be taught complex tricks, but they get bored too easily with repetitive activity. That's why lab rats have to have their food as the reward for their tasks; otherwise they'd just ignore the task.
    • Their tails do have hair on them; it's just very fine and short.
    • They are very, very CUTE, as these pictures illustrate!

I think we will get two dogs next, but it will be a while. (Probably something in the greyhound category?)

So, what kind of pets do you have? How many? Names? Show pics if you have them!

Had a dog and cat,.. both were taken from me when i split with my GF ... right now i take care of the family German Shepard so he is kinda mine now
    Some people say i am indecisive, but i dont think i am, but sometimes i do.

Elbatcho

Talking

Used to have an iguana. Nicodemus was his name and when I moved out of my appartment my room mate clamed him. He was about 5 foot long. I miss the little guy but it happens. I want to get a spider monkey, like the organ grinders have. They cost a lot of money and some states and townships won't allow you to have them. Plus after reading about them, they have the mentality of a three year old and live for about 25-50 years. I still think it would be a lot of fun to have a little monkey running around. Playing with my monkey would always be fun, and if it was ever naughty I could say to it, come here little monkey, I want to spank you. I really do want a monkey.

Darren Wilson

I have no pets unless you can class the Carp I try to capture as pets. Most of them do actually have names as well

My parents own a red Chow Chow. He's cool. He's really nice and he likes to stay outside. He does tend to kill all the animals that come in the yard though. I lived with them until six months ago.

Now I reside with two dobermans. One female, and one male. The female is a blue doberman and weighs about 88 pounds. The male is a regular black and tan, bred for size, he's about 29" at the shoulder and 105 pounds. Both are beautiful animals.

When I get my own pad I am going to pick up two German Sheperds.Heidelberg Shepherds

My rich aunt and uncle used to have a spider monkey. They got rid of it because of it's feces throwing habit. Unfortunately I was never around to witness this, but I here it was quite a show. Eventually I'd like to own five cheetahs.
    I think he's a good man. I like him. I got nothing against him, but I'm definitely gonna make orphans of his children.
    Drederick Tatum
    Simpsons

Iguana - named Iggy, (not for Iguana, but for Ignoramious) about 6 ft tip to tail.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

Hey weich my German Shepard looks jsut like the one in the 3rd pic but larger

Talking

We have 2 cats (Mulder and Scully), and a fish (Ishmael).
    Before you scoff at the names Mulder & Scully, lemme tell you how I came about them...

When I moved to my new aparment my wife (fiancee then) and I decided to get a couple of cats. We went to PetSmart where they had an adoption setup for the OSPCA. There was this beautiful black cat named Scully. We picked her up, and she immediately became very loveable with us. So, we couldn't say no to her.
    So, Scully came home with us.
    I work all day, and at that time, my wife and I would go home on weekends to my parents' and her parents' (we'd rotate weekends). We realized that Scully was a tad lonely while we were gone, so we decided to get another cat.
    So, we trucked down to the OSPCA again, and looked at the cats. None of them really struck us as special, and we were just about to give up hope. Then we noticed a sign that said, "Don't forget to ask us about Smitty."
    So, we asked 'em about Smitty. They brought us a gorgeous male cat that was all white except for a grey-tipped tail, and a spot of grey (my mom calls a mouse) on his head. They handed him over to us, and he immediately began cuddling and purring, and acting all cute. We fell instantly in love.
    However, poor "Smitty" had an upper respritory tract infection. The humane society vet had him pumped up on every drug imaginable (our family vet called him a walking pharmacy).
    We decided that "Scully & Smitty" didn't quite sound right, so we changed his name to "Mulder".
    We endured 6 months of huge loogeys spread all over Hell's Half-Acre. He still sneezes, but we've come to realize that it's asthma, and not some virus. Luckily, he and Scully became best friends. Now, I don't know how they'd survive without the other.

The fish is Ishmael. He's a Betta fish, and a hearty little begger. His predecessor was Ahab, but alas, Ahab decided that he didn't like his cup anymore, so he took a dive down the kitchen sink.
    ***the Beast
    - That's right...uh-huh... Who's laughing now? WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?!

I gots me a doggy named Mojo. He is a Husky/Black lab and he currently lives at my parents house where I must visit and take care of him. I got him from this hot chick I know for my 18th birthday. (he's old). We have 3 cats in my apt. Rachael, Mouse and Toonces and a yellow bird thing named Amore(bastard bites) we alos gots 25 or so fishies in a 55 gallon tank. I hate pets.
    It's good to be the King.

Three cats, most affectionate animals on the planet, named Billy, Tyrone, and Ember. Plus one seven-year old.
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

I had two apricot standard poodles until a couple years ago. They both died (put to sleep actually) of natural causes. I miss them tremendously and am thinking of getting another poodle, now that I have a yard and a big house. I'll probably get a nice blue female.

I also had a parakeet who died a very interesting death. I found it hanging from the wodden ladder with its head caught between the rungs. How does an animal that can fly fall down and break its neck? I still wonder about that. Needless to say, I didn't get anymore birds. Too traumatic.
    end of line.

CobraTekMax

Two huskies, a male named Samson, and a female name Belle. I like them better than most people I know.

I wonder what kind of pets Scott has?

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Skatman:
    I wonder what kind of pets Scott has?
    coffee monster

I have a fish tank. I never bothered to name any of them cause every time I take one out for a walk it dies. They just can't keep up, all that flopping around until they just drag quietly behind me on the leash.
    "We have assumed control"