Favorite LOW BUDGET movie
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite LOW BUDGET movie

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Post Favorite LOW BUDGET movie

I know we all like the Matrix and other high dollar movies like that, but what is your Favorite "Low budget" movie?

I know that cobra will agree with me on this one....

Evil Dead Trilogy!!!
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I never liked the Matrix!
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Originally posted by Wayward Clam:
    I never liked the Matrix!
    I dont like it much, but I know that everyone else did....nice special effects though
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Yes, cool special effects. I won't try to debate that--the Matrix has some of the best special effects you can find on video. Like Godzilla and Jurassic Park, it is an "effects movie". However, all three of these flicks had terrible plots, bad acting, and not much entertainment value beyond "wow, that looked cool!"-ness. Even Phantom Menace suffered from this syndrome.

Army of Darkness had a lot of "wow, that looked cool!", a terrible plot, and bad acting, but it was FUNNY. Therefore, I consider it a much better movie than any of the above.

On further reflection, "Clerks" gets my vote for best low-budget movie ever made.

Ditto the Evil Dead.

American Ninja (any of 'em)
    Orgazmo (gotta love it)
    Dead-Alive(trippy, dunno if it 100% qualifies as "low-budget")
    Day of the Dead (leapin cow hearts, Batman!)
    Leprechaun in the Hood (must be seen to be believed, yet I somehow enjoyed it)
    Bikini Traffic School (name says it all)
    Cemetary Man
    "Teach the ignorant, care for the dumb, punish the stupid."
    -how to live a life well spent

Darren Wilson

The Ultomate Low Budget Movies

BreakDance
    BreakDance 2
    The Blair Witch Project

Hey, Rocco, aren't most "adult" features produced on a comparatively low budget?

I think that will change the votes of most of the people here...

BTW, I'm sure that Jenna prefers seafood.

CobraTekMax

Evil Dead 1 and 2 maybe, but Army of Darkness actually had a bit of a budget behind it with Universal backing it and everything.

Evil Dead 2 is the BEST!

Darren Wilson

Hey, Rocco, aren't most "adult" features produced on a comparatively low budget?

I think that will change the votes of most of the people here...

BTW, I'm sure that Jenna prefers seafood.
    Only the Amateur ones

Have you seen how much some of the women charge to appear in these films??? Not exactly Hollywood fee's but still a damn lot of money

CobraTekMax

Army of Darkness had a lot of "wow, that looked cool!", a terrible plot, and bad acting, but it was FUNNY. Therefore, I consider it a much better movie than any of the above.
    Now that's just plain blasphemy. Yes, I know you say it's funny, but it DOES have an awesome plot, and it has Bruce Cambell, the greatest actor EVER in the starring role.

Originally posted by Cobrage:
    Now that's just plain blasphemy. Yes, I know you say it's funny, but it DOES have an awesome plot, and it has Bruce Cambell, the greatest actor EVER in the starring role.
    Just 'cause you're my old boss doesn't mean you can intimidate me! (I'm intimidated by you for entirely DIFFERENT reasons. ) Hey, I'll admit freely that Bruce Campbell is da MAN, but he just isn't an actor. I'll also freely admit that AOD is da MOVIE, but in terms of a plot, you'll find better at a cemetary.

Just my 2c worth!

P.S. Does anybody know if clamshell is fang-proof?

jimmr13

1. The Blair Witch Project
    2. Curse of the Blair Witch

CobraTekMax

Just 'cause you're my old boss doesn't mean you can intimidate me! (I'm intimidated by you for entirely DIFFERENT reasons. ) Hey, I'll admit freely that Bruce Campbell is da MAN, but he just isn't an actor. I'll also freely admit that AOD is da MOVIE, but in terms of a plot, you'll find better at a cemetary.

Just my 2c worth!

P.S. Does anybody know if clamshell is fang-proof?
    Don't worry, I won't kill you for being a mis-guided fool.

Bruce Cambell is the BEST B-movie actor ever. He is hilarious, his facial expressions kill me, and the scene where his hand gets possessed in Evil Dead 2 and starts beating the hell out of him is probably the greatest use of celluloid ever.

Renee will back me up here, she and I both believe that every movie would be better if Bruce Cambell was in it. Like Forrest Gump, for example.

"And then one day, for no particular reason at all, my hand turned all bad, and started punching me in mah face. It got so bad, I had to cut it off with a chain saw. Momma never said nothing about that."

Gone With the Wind

"Yeah, that's right, Scarlett! Who's laughing now? I don't really give a damn!"

Planet of the Apes

"All right, you primates, get your damn grubby flea-infested paws off me!" (Revs chainsaw)

Titanic

"Look, maybe I didn't read every single, tiny, little coordinate, but yeah, basically I know where we're at. Oh $#!t! Iceberg!"

The Empire Strikes Back

"Yo, Sith-bitch! Let's go!"

Okay, you win. One has to have talent to be that funny.