[RESOLVED] 8088's Kick
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] 8088's Kick

TopRelaxer97

Talking 8088's Kick

I just bought a 8088 and an old 486sx for twenty dollars. I've always wanted a 8088 and could not pass up the chance to get a relic. Does anyone else have an 8088? What do you use it for if anything. If you don't have one, do you want one? What would you pay for one?

CobraTekMax

I've got one that I play Black & White on with an ATI VGA Wonder.

yes i keep my thrusted 8088,and a 286,a386 a 486,and a k6/2 300,beside i have an old full bay hdd with the controler card that i keep as momento of the machines i worked with and in,i wish i could find a museum to keep them,my wife says it takes too much space but they are all in good working order,lol
    clauded

I've been keeping all these old things in the garage for some time now. There is about 5 full working PC's from 286 to 486, but due to lack of monitors they never get used. i used to use the 386 for old software and keeping a journal. thats about it. The 286 probably makes a good anchor.
    paid? People thanked me for taking them.
    I'm just a little mushroom. always kept in the dark...

jimmr13

Check with the Computer Museum in San Diego California, They wanted my lisa 1 Of the very first Macs. Named after Steve Jobs Daughter. Darn thing still works!

Talking

I probably would hold onto an 8088 if I came across one. Other than that though 286-486's are alot of fun to smash into dumpsters. I can't help it I've just seen to many of them.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Mommy! 8088's scare me!
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

wow that got me thinkin' i would love to have an old 8088 i have some carp 386 ers here that i do noting with. but it would be cool to have one of the older ones to have as a display piece.... if i had a mantle i would hang it above it....
    CMT
    HUNGRY?.....UNEMPLOYED?.....EAT YOUR F#%$ING
    JAP CAR!!!!!!!

I keep my old 8088 around for one purpose: to play XONIX! The game's speed is based on the processor's clock, so anything faster than 4 MHz is WAY to fast!
    #include <disclaimer.h>: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.

Originally posted by Mr. Jimmr:
    Check with the Computer Museum in San Diego California, They wanted my lisa 1 Of the very first Macs. Named after Steve Jobs Daughter. Darn thing still works!

You had a Lisa I, Jim?? Bro, I respect you more from now on!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

I've got an entire 8088 system. It's a Compaq breifcase sized monster withe a monitor and keyboard built in. First time I turned it on I let the magic smoke out. Something blew somewhere. I just point to it whenever someone kvetches about thier "heavy" laptop.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

The Hitchikers Guide to the Universe - Mostly Harmless - Douglas Adams

Originally posted by parning:
    I keep my old 8088 around for one purpose: to play XONIX! The game's speed is based on the processor's clock, so anything faster than 4 MHz is WAY to fast!
    Never heard of that game before. Is it good? I've got a 8086 that i was given for free... anyone else ever hear of one with a SCSI card and 20 MB SCSI HDD? (I figure they must have upgraded in the past)

Nicholas "Raijen" Furniss
    http://www.raijen.com/img/smiley-saber.gif

If it's humanly possible to make something worse VIA a patch, Micro$oft WILL manage it

Remember - only the special people can get high on Air http://www.raijen.com/img/smiley-tongue.gif

Visit My Homepage at http://www.raijen.com

I know a lot of people use old, old computers for packet radio (a form of ham radio) or to run very old logging software...I would like to have an 8088 just to play with it!
    <a href="http://www.8ung.at/furlong47" target="_blank">Furlong47's Poetry Page</a>
    <a href="http://roadtrip.d-domains.net" target="_blank">ROADTRIP!!!</a>

You know it's going to be a long day when you get up, shave and shower, start to get dressed and your shoes are still warm. -- Dean Webber

3fingersalute

Originally posted by Cable Modem Tech:
    wow that got me thinkin' i would love to have an old 8088 i have some carp 386 ers here that i do noting with. but it would be cool to have one of the older ones to have as a display piece.... if i had a mantle i would hang it above it....
    CMT

Don't put anything valuble on the mantle below it...could you imagine if the 8088 fell?? Did you ever feel how heavy those beasts are?

Ive got a Sharp laptop 8088, I need to find some old programs to make it usefull.