WHo and What Windrivers and user ARE!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WHo and What Windrivers and user ARE!

Post WHo and What Windrivers and user ARE!

Ok after seeing all the fighting yet again .. the tech lounge is in trouble .. is this what we want ... people get your head out of your arses ...

like my tye-dye stuff im trying to bring fun and happiness with the help ... im not even closet to the smartest person here .. im like the clown of the board .. i help people some but as many of you know im the guy who does jokes and fun stuff ... trying to make this place a little better

but today after hanging in the chat room and forums .. im disappointed again at things ... scott and the mods (including the chat) do this stuff for free .. dont turn this into a job .. i for one would like people to help me make learning and helping people here fun .. so if someone says wheres the anykey .. we can all laugh even the one who asked .. learning and helping should be fun for ALL ...

ive gotten mad in the past and i cooled off .. we all need to we all need to stop fighting and start showing what this place is scott spoke and many didnt listen .. although alot did .. some didnt .. you dont need to be here then if you dont listen .. cause like us all when we listen.. We learn !!!

i maybe the highest posted person for doing the least tech help .. but im learning and trying and i have a name for myself around here .. my jokes .. and i use them for making it better .. as i have done with tye dyes to the dummie things to many others .. WINDRIVERS is a TEAM .. if you dont want to be apart of it then LEAVE!

NOW BACK TO WORK!
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

I don't want to sound like I am kissing arse, but...... this should be a place to blow off a little fustration, get some help when we are stuck with a problem. I like a good moral or political debate, especially when you can walk away from the table and go have a beer.

Originally posted by TheoneDKS:
    I don't want to sound like I am kissing arse, but...... this should be a place to blow off a little fustration, get some help when we are stuck with a problem. I like a good moral or political debate, especially when you can walk away from the table and go have a beer.

I agree
    Some people say i am indecisive, but i dont think i am, but sometimes i do.

Ok, i know i should probably be emailing the mods, or whoever else about this, but i'd like to get your oppinions on it too.

In light of all the recent arguements in the forums, i was thinking maybe there should be an extra forum for debates. What do all of you think about it?
    "Computers are useless, they can only give you answers"
    -Pablo Picasso

we have enuff forums .. and that would be fighting and name calling ground if we had one like that .... ohh i can imagine how bad it would be ... it would take 20 mods alone in just that one .. and it would drag to other forums..
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

I don't think we need another form, I think we just need to learn how to A)not get personal and B)call it quits and go get a beer!

Okay, okay I just want beer.

Resqu

Yes, its true, I HAVE PANTS!!

Kudos Mr. JvaGuy

Elbatcho

Talking

I agree, I will be the first to admit that %99 of my post are not serious. I try to help when I can although most of the time someone else post the solution first. I come in the forums to vent and let of steam too. Sometimes the subject do get a little out of hand and what is meant to be a joke turns tastless and what was meant to be an opionion turns into a war. We are all tech's we should all stand togeather. We have been given a gift by Scott and we should not abuse it. Sometimes the forums are a little like pandor's box but the Mods do have the right to shut that box any time they feel it necesary. I regard most of you as friends and will always treat you the same way that I have been treated. I guess what I am saying it doesn't matter if I can curse or talk about sex, all that matters is that I get to spend time with some off the finest techs in the world

Quick everyone Group hug.

Elbatcho

Originally posted by Mr. JvaGuy:
    [B]

i maybe the highest posted person for doing the least tech help....

[b]
    ahhh jvaguy have you forgotten me so quickly?

I'm kinda in the same boat as you man I don't have alot of tech experience racked up in my brain but I know how to make people feel a little better and I try to lift the tension here from time to time with some good jokes.

I've been gone for a few days and I do not like what I came back to...

I enjoy this site and I've made many friendships here ... I'm not about to throw it away because of a few rule changes.

I'm here for the long haul , or at least as long as Scott is around
    WHAT THE **** ARE YOU READING MY SIGNATURE FOR?!?

ONCE A GEEK ALWAYS A GEEK...

I agree !
    "We have assumed control"

Lightbulb

What about the Spiffer? The Spiffer is good for a laugh or two. Have we so quickly forgotten the picture of the guy blowing chunks? Let's try for a little nice humor...

Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

JvaGuy and Kyr0n, have you ever been to the ArsTechnica forums? The Soapbox there is one HUGE mass of flames and vitriol ... I don't envy anyone who has to moderate that ! Even their tech forums can be brutal for the thin-skinned among us. I lurk there sometimes, but don't bother posting. I'd hate to see a good-natured place like Windrivers go down (meant literally) that road.
    I think I know just enough to know how much I don't know... I think...

Steve Porter my fellow supreme tech god, where ya been! We've missed you, great pic BTW.

"scott spoke and many didnt listen"

OK Guys, I have been a long lurker, but not posted a whole lot, but I missed what Scott said...

Could someone tell me where I should go...
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

I need a hug
    <a href="http://www.el-mono.com" target="_blank">www.el-mono.com</a>