Thousands have tried are you bettera man
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thousands have tried are you bettera man

Post Thousands have tried are you bettera man

the a man a man a man
    See the first line that was typed by itself, as long as I keep typing those words won't apear.
    I also occasionally get a pause when typing as if it wanted to ad those words.
    Any place there is a box to type such as this or a search box it will happen as well as in new mail messages quite annoying really.
    But I noticed it doesn't happen in MSword or in the address box in IE6.
    I am running a duron 800, 20gig, 32meg s3vid. Windows XP and this is a new problem that I can't figure out what did it. Any cures free smiles to the winner. And a hand full of hair that I've ripped out.

[quote]Originally posted by Gmoney:
    <strong>the a man a man a man
    See the first line that was typed by itself, as long as I keep typing those words won't apear.
    I also occasionally get a pause when typing as if it wanted to ad those words.
    Any place there is a box to type such as this or a search box it will happen as well as in new mail messages quite annoying really.
    But I noticed it doesn't happen in MSword or in the address box in IE6.
    I am running a duron 800, 20gig, 32meg s3vid. Windows XP and this is a new problem that I can't figure out what did it. Any cures free smiles to the winner. And a hand full of hair that I've ripped out.</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL Welcome to the site Gunther some one will help you soon.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

this is coming out of my *** , but it sounds like a virus?? maybe?? check it with norton or mcafee.
    So, so busy lately. Oh, where do I start?

Yea, my first thought would be a virus too. Have you run any virus scan software?
    "If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it."
    -Homer Simpson

I'm leaning towards some sort of prank or joke software installed on your computer. Start your computer in Safe mode and see if you can't figure out if something fishy is loading on Windows start.

Exclamation

Sounds like a virus to me, run a virus scan , With Windows 9x I boot the system from a startup disk then I toss in my f-prot virus scanner disk and typ f-prot , then I follow the prompts
    You can get f-prot at <a href="http://www.bootdisk.com" target="_blank">www.bootdisk.com</a> , get the file using a clean computer, not your infected system, also make the Windows startup disk on the clean computer
    Shut the infected system down completely , power off , and then reboot using the start up disk, put the f-prot disk in the drive and type f-prot
    ( you have to make the f-prot disk by double clicking the f-prot file you just downloaded )
    Follow the prompts
    Wow that was a mouthfull
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

I have been talking to Gmoney through email and he has said that viruses have been ruled out.

But Gmoney, check out your start ups and win.ini through safe mode as Macgyver has said.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t there a “remote administration” feature similar to <a href="http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/" target="_blank"> VNC</a> and <a href="http://www.symantec.com/pcanywhere/" target="_blank"> PC Anywhere</a> included with Windows XP?

I agree with MacGyver, sounds like GMoney has fallen victim to a joke or prank.
    The early bird may get the worm; but the second mouse gets the cheese!

I did get a wierd problem which involved text appearing on its own about a month ago. OS is WinXP. I had other issues as well though so this may not have anything to do with your problem.

From time to time my caps lock would activate all on its own, nonesense text would print out, help and support would open 5 times, etc.

All this when I was working away as normal. No particular app was open, it would just do this whenever.

So I think to myself, my keyboard is gone. Changed it, still happened. So I think to myself, look in the event logs. Nothing abnormal apart from a reference to "unable to load ???? driver". Sorry can't remember the details now.

So I look on the KB and Microsft tell me that the particular error code refers to traces of a network card that has been installed then deinstalled. The registry did in fact still have a couple of references in it still so I followed the recommendations and removed them, rebooted, said to myself "This is not going to solve the keyboard problem but at least I won't get the error message in the logs again" and guess what?

Hasn't happened since. Hmmmm.

Like I say, you don't seem to be having anything but the text but maybe it is worth looking in your logs anyway.

I'll probably post tomorrow saying that the problem has come back now that I've tempted fate!

emr

[quote]Originally posted by Poseidon:
    <strong>Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t there a “remote administration” feature similar to <a href="http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/" target="_blank"> VNC</a> and <a href="http://www.symantec.com/pcanywhere/" target="_blank"> PC Anywhere</a> included with Windows XP?

I agree with MacGyver, sounds like GMoney has fallen victim to a joke or prank.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's the "Microsoft Remote Desktop: Allows users to access all of their data and applications housed on their desktop computers from another computer running Windows 95 or later that is connected to their machine via a network."

Scary stuff.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Thanks I was wondering about a prank to ckeck that out. I don't think its the keyboard as it types words not random letters or just one letter.
    Ruled out the virus as I ran the latest and greatest from Norton.
    Keep the suggestions comming I will try anything.
    a man and a a man a man a man a
    That just popped up. My cursor disapears occasionally for a sec and reapeers and stalls what I am typing and I noticed that _.._.... shows for a sec and is written over with the mysterious writing.
    I may also check sites related to Circle crops soon.
    ttyl

As suggested boot into safemode and see if you still get that crap coming up. As for the virus scan, did you run it from Dos as suggested above, or from within Windows? If yes to the latter, then you may want to boot clean using a Windows floppy and run a scan from there.

Ö
    Aster
    Guaranteed delivery in 30 minutes of less, or we commit Seppuku.

--www.ninjaburger.com--

Strange problem.....Have you tried searching the registry for "a man"? I was just thinking that there might be some reference text in one of the Keys as to (say if it is a joke program) what to put on screen.

-Danyll
    Danyll

If we live in an insane world, how can I be normal if I'm sane?
    "I'm reminded of the immortal words of Socrates who said-'I drank what?'"-Val Kilmer (Real Genius)

Run your computer in safe mode to see if it's still occuring.

create a new admin account. login with the new account, delete the profile for the first account. My guess is the issue is possibly a prank or some such, and is more than likely profile related.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein