Windows XP Upgrade

Thread: Windows XP Upgrade

Post Windows XP Upgrade

When upgrading from Windows ME to XP with the upgrade version of XP, does the XP install require that the Windows ME disc be inserted or does it require a Windows ME key?

Also, I remember that the upgrade version of ME had some features missing that the full version of ME had, does the upgrade version of XP lack anything that the full version has?

Are there any opinions on which is better, the upgrade or the full install of XP?

If you upgrade over the top of ME nothing will be required, if you do a clean install it will require verification from your me or 98 disc which will have to be a full version not an upgrade.
    A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Talking

I did a clean install using my WIn xp home upgrade CD. It asks for product verification , SO I just tossed in my Win 98 full version CD , then when setup requested it , I reinserted the XP CD
    It is always better to do a clean install
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

Home: Eagle River, Alaska Work: Chukchi Sea Alaska

Cool

Yep! I did the same as exact thing as format c:. The clean install is the best way to go. No vestages of the Win 9x kernal here .
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons!!!

Stay on the bomb run, boys. I'm going to get them doors open if it hair lips everybody on Bear Creek.