IE6 in XP doesn't work with Java

Thread: IE6 in XP doesn't work with Java

Post IE6 in XP doesn't work with Java

Hi there,

this may seem to be a strange problem, however I installed XP Pro a few weeks ago, everything is superb apart from IE, which seems to be rather temperamental. For some reason it does not work with Java enhanced pages. I can't find what the reason for this could be - the settings in IE seem to be fine, nothing that that would disable java. Prime candidates are things like java navigation systems and chat rooms. It is not a major issue but sometimes theres a page you want to see, and it can be a minor irritant when you can't for some silly reason. I have tried to install IE again, downloaded the new setup files etc from scratch. At the moment my workaround is PC Anywhere'ing into another computer and using that PC to view the page (which uses internet conenction sharing via my pc), oh also it has a no ntldr error on boot now on 2k, I wonder if just putting ntldr back on would fix it? bloody norton utilities install nacked that one up, heh

Anyway, if anyone has a possible fix it would be appreciated, short of formatting/re-installing XP as I really can't be bothered to go that far.

Thanks

I think you need to download the Virtual Machine from Windows Update - around 5MB.

Good Luck,

Mike.