Strange Boot Problems

Thread: Strange Boot Problems

Angry Strange Boot Problems

After my computer has been shut off for say...24 hours, I boot XP Professional only to find that my Start Menu is now in "Classic Mode." I have to go through the whole process of changing it to "XP mode" which doesn't quite work the way it should. This only happens on cold boots, not on reboots. Any information anyone could provide would be helpful.

Any setting that are not beoing saved on boot ups are usually the result of a Bad battery your system Rom is not saving the settings.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Did you do an upgrade or a new install? I had the same problem on one of my boxes till I did a clean install.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

It was a new install, I ran a Recovery Install and all seems to be well now. Not sure if maybe there was a corrupt file that needed replacing or what but it works now. Thanks.