Need Ghost Guru

Thread: Need Ghost Guru

Post Need Ghost Guru

Hi is there any way when using Norton Ghost that you can re-ghost a partition on a dual boot and keep the boot manager active? or a third party boot manager that works and dosent get over written when you ghost?

thanks
    "The first ten million years were the worst,' said Marvin, `and the second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.'"
    Douglas Adams 1954 - 2001

You would have to have the dual boot on different partitions of the same drive, then copy the disk to an image, verses ghosting a partition.

What you are asking is can you restore just one partition? But still maintain the dual boot functionality. It would take a bit of work. You would have to repair the NT OS, the one that provided the dual boot. And depending on which partition the NT OS is on, you would have to do things differently.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the only practical way is my first suggestion. It isn't practical to do what you ask. But I could be wrong.