2 Broadband Connection On WinXP

Thread: 2 Broadband Connection On WinXP

Question 2 Broadband Connection On WinXP

I am just wondering have anyone put 2 connections on the same system in WinXP.

Currently I have problems setting up 2 FTP server for my business.

The current connection I have are ADSL(PPPoE)with dns2go service( because the ip changes all the time if I log in) and Cable(this with the router).

When XP loads up it will connect to the cable connection automatically. I have tested the ftp server on this connection and users can log in with no problems at all.
    But after I log in to the ADSL(PPPoE) connection some how users can't log in at all, but the ftp server that is running on the ADSL works fine.

I am just wondering if anyone know or how to get both connection runs parallel, so I can get the 2 ftps servers running at the same time.

Thanks

I'm not entirly sure what you are trying to do, but if you bridge the connections I think that will fix the problem.

Red face

I am trying to set up 2 ftp server on the same machine. So one is for employees and the other one is for our customers. By setting up 2 server I can separte the bandwidth.

By the way what does the bridge connection do?
    I am kinda new to XP.

Thanks!

Oh okay. You should just be able to set it up in the software to use the corresponding NIC (ip address). You may have it setup so that it hosts on all of them.

Bridging the connections wouldn't help, I thought it was running on a private network, and on the cable ISP. If it were, bridging the connection would let the internet view the private network... in a sense.

I did try that already, but it still doesn't work. I think WinXP can't support to 2 connections at the same time. I think I have to set it up on 2 computers then. Thanks for all the info!

Using Raidenftpd you can specify which ip the site is registered to. basically which it would accept connections on. Then you can exclude the ip of the otehr you don't wnat that server to connect to. Any reason you wnat the BW seperate?
    You cna also run two different server from within itself.

Can you set the router to maintain the pppoe connection, (please post make and model) and the xp box uses the cable?

for example on a linksys 4 port dsl router/gateway you can

config it to maintain the pppoe connection,

tell it to be a gateway (not a router)

and put the ip address of the linksys router into the tcp/ip settings of your PC under the 'default gateway' entry.

I have this setup running at work; pppoe connection thru MS Proxy for the web surfing, gateway for email. And the Linksys gateway has faithfully maintained the same connection/WAN IP for at least 6 months.

As for the FTP end of things; enable port forwarding on the router. Forward port 21 to the IP address of the FTP server.
    "And just when I thought today couldn't get anymore poo-like." -Outcoded