Problem with scheduler

Thread: Problem with scheduler

Post Problem with scheduler

Suddenly none of my scheduled tasks will run. I'm guessing this problem coincides with a recent repair re-install of XP I did but I'm not sure about that. All the necessary services are running. and the properties of each task seems to be correct, they simply won't start. Here's what the log says:

"The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed, therefore, the task did not run.

The specific error is: 0x80041314: The task has been configured with an unsupported combination of account settings and run time options.

Verify that the task's Run-as name and password are valid and try again."

The problem is, none of that appears to be true. Most of these were weekly tasks that have been running just fine up until recently, and neither their account info or properties have changed.

Obviously something is extremely goofed up and this would appear to have re-install written all over it, but I thought I'd throw it at you guy's first. Any takers?

Thanks...
    "Without fools there would be no wisdom."

Looks like it may be a permision problem. You need to make sure that the account that you are logged into has administrator rights. The repair that you ran may have put you back down to a regular user..especially if the repair was on XP Pro.
    Note: To correct display problems, hold the "ALT"key and press"F4".

Thanks... the problem has been recified. Although I still had administrative privileges, you did change my mindset which set me off in the proper direction. I resolved the issue by toggling the passwords in my user account and tasks. Something obviously got lost in the translation between the two and I'm quite certain the re-install was the culprit.

Thanks again...
    "Without fools there would be no wisdom."

Angry My schedule on Windows 2003 does not run.

Hello,

I read many people have a similar problem. This solution will not work. I have a schedule to run every 5 minutes on a local account. Here's how it ran:
    Mon 04/04/2005
    10:15 AM
    10:30 AM
    10:35 AM
    10:45 AM
    11:00 AM
    11:05 AM
    11:15 AM

The task makes a list of tasks, redirects the output to a log and runs not longer than a second:
    schtasks /query /fo table /v >> %LOGFILE%

As you can see, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, everytime it doesn't I get the well known message:
    The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed,

I work with at least a hundred Windows 2000 servers, another 2003 server and never ran into this problem.

Regards,
    Richard
    Last edited by rysiekmus; April 4th, 2005 at 04:35 AM.

I am having the exact same problem on XP Pro, trying to run a nightly task to do a Syamantec LiveUpdate. Once I realize that the tast has not run, all I have to do is go into the task and re-enter the password for the user that is qualified to run the task. Once this is done, it runs for one night then stops again.

If anyone has a solution to this, please let me know. I'm currently on phone with Microsoft and if they are able to help, I'll post the solution here.

efanning

Same Issue on Windows 2003 server

Hi Richard

I've exactly get same issue with my scheduled task....
    Have you found a workaround since 2005 ?

Regards
    Bertrand

Welcome to Windrivers Bertrand65

Have a read here right at the bottom - query the tasks and then read the paragraph underneath. If your task has not stop, it can't start again at the right time...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thank you for your quick answer,

The duration of scheduled task didn't exceed 2 minutes
    the task is scheduled every 10 minutes :
    the sheduled log (in french in the text) :
    "NLS_RESTART.job" (NLS_RESTART.bat)
    Démarré à 02/06/2009 12:20:00
    Quitté à 02/06/2009 12:20:21
    Résultat*: La tâche s'est terminée avec le code de sortie*: (0).
    "NLS_RESTART.job" (NLS_RESTART.bat) 02/06/2009 12:30:00 ** ERREUR **
    La tentative de connexion au compte associé à cette tâche a échoué. La tâche n'a donc pas démarré..
    Vérifiez que le nom du champ "Exécuter en tant que" de la tâche et le mot de passe sont valides, puis réessayez.
    Démarré à 02/06/2009 12:40:00
    Quitté à 02/06/2009 12:41:56
    "NLS_RESTART.job" (NLS_RESTART.bat) 02/06/2009 12:50:00 ** ERREUR **
    La tentative de connexion au compte associé à cette tâche a échoué. La tâche n'a donc pas démarré..
    Vérifiez que le nom du champ "Exécuter en tant que" de la tâche et le mot de passe sont valides, puis réessayez.
    Démarré à 02/06/2009 13:00:00
    Quitté à 02/06/2009 13:02:06
    "NLS_RESTART.job" (NLS_RESTART.bat) 02/06/2009 13:10:00 ** ERREUR **
    ----end log -----
    as you can see, task is correclty ended before next schedule...

Regards
    Bertrand

OK so it's failing with
    "The attempt to connect to the account associated with this task has failed. The task did not start ..
    Verify that the name of the "Run As" from the task and the password are valid and try again."

Interestingly that every other 10 minutes, it appears to work fine according to the log in your post.

check out the last post here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi,

I am facing that problem too, here is some info to help you out help me ! (hehe)

Windows Server 2003 SP3, not on a domain.

Tasks ran OK for a few months, now they don't anymore.

In the log, I get : The attempt to log on to the account associated with the task failed.

The account configured is Local Administrator, the password is good.
    When I change the password in the task, It doesn't work more...
    When I run it directly, unscheduled, it doesn't run either, same error.
    Path to the program is OK, parameters also.
    Tasks are active

I rebooted the server, same problem.

Service runs, I changed to use administrator account to see, still in problem.

I changed the advanced property in tasks scheduler to use that same account/password for AT, same problem.

I log in the server using that account/password, I validated it running an IE session as that account with that password and it worked.

I validated the policys, it seemed ok, I changed a few things in those concerning tasks and AT, now waiting for an autorisation to reboot, but it seemed OK. I think I just added the administrator group to the local task session parameter, but the account Administrator was already there if I am not mistaken.... Will have to wait for reboot to be sure, any way to force an update of the account policies without reboot ?

I think these are all the information you need, if there is more, let me know and I will answer quickly.

Thanks for your help, this one is beyond my expertise...

It worked with the reboot, so it was the local policies...
    I added the Administrators group to the one that was about Scheduled tasks sessions...

A necropost, and a reply from the necroposter to his own necropost! Two Necroposting Awards!