XP Cleartype Users

Thread: XP Cleartype Users

Post XP Cleartype Users

Don't know if anyone's posted on this yet...[would've gone to tips, but this is XP specific]

If you use the "ClearType" setting available in XP to refine the appearance of your graphics/fonts, try this MS site to give you more options to choose from.

Although clear type is actually meant for use with LCD screens, and I've enabled it on laptops, there were options available at <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/cleartypeactivate.htm?fname=%20&fsize=" target="_blank">this page</a>, that actually let me select a much better look for my desktop, too. [It starts by prompting you to turn ClearType on, then you move to the selections page.]
    "Qui me amat, amat et canem meum."

Thanks!

I suffer from astigmatism, so I was already using ClearType, but the tweak actually helped remove even more "fuzziness"
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Cool option but I stayed with the default one.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Registered User Stanley_Kubrick's Avatar

sweeeeeet...
    Jesus Saves.

Gretzky recovers... He shoots... HE SCORES!!!

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Thanks for the tip, I also have astigmatism, so I chose the darkest ordered one of the bunch
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

Thanx for the type, works great.. but scared me a little, showed me how much remote control of the OS that MS has when you use their browser...
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans