Windows 2000 Professional VS Windows XP Professional

Thread: Windows 2000 Professional VS Windows XP Professional

Post Windows 2000 Professional VS Windows XP Professional

Hi people ! I'm thinking I'm a dumb but I have to ask you all : What's the "GREEEEEEEAT" difference between WINDOWS 2000 PROFESSIONAL with SP2 and WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL .....I'd like you to tell me because Windows 2000 Pro made its debut on February 17th, 2000 and now, Micro$oft is releasing Windows XP Pro on October 25th, 2001, only 20 MONTHS after the Win 2K Pro release .
    Why the HURRY about upgrading?? Didn't Win 2K Pro
    fill the expectations you had???
    Besides with Win XP you'll have to deal with the PRODUCT ACTIVATION and a resources EATER as the new OS is .
    I'll stick with Win 2K Pro and I'll apply the SP3 when it becomes available ...
    All you upgrade to XP if you can pay 200 bucks for the upgrade version and deal with the activation .

There is no greattttttttttt difference really between 2000 and XP Pro. 98/ME to XP Home is really a LOT better though, and I'd recommend it to anyone using 98 or ME.

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Wink

Helllllooooo! Product Activation "feature" is the big difference between all new MS software and all previous MS software.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Actually there are a couple significant differences.

<ol type="1">[*]Remote Assistance / Remote working
    Ever used Terminal services? This basically allows you to use the computer from a remote location, and get a terminal services window. Really nice when you have a VPN into work from home, but you need to access software that is on the work computer. Remote assistance allows someone to request help from another person via email or other methods. This way you don't have to get your lazy butt up outta your desk to walk to theirs.[*]The new Playschool (Oops, I mean Luna) interface. Some 3yr olds like it.[*]System Restore (I don't like it, but it's good for some.)[*]Better Media Management[*]Integrated CD Burning[*]Better Start Menu[*]Better Compatibility[/list=a]

That's all I can think of right now, but there are some good features.

That said, I do not plan to upgrade. I'll stick with Win2k thanks.
    Matt

"If you have been tempted into evil, fly from it. It is not falling into the water, but lying in it, that drowns"

Theres ways around activation. Or you can activate without registering. MS does give you the option.