winpopup for xp

Thread: winpopup for xp

Post winpopup for xp

Does anyone know if there is a winxp version of winpopup, or if there is any other form of software included with windows to communicate with another user on the network??
    **Time is fun when you are having flies. - Kermit the Frog**

messenger or netmeeting.....................
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

In NT/2k/XP there is a command prompt command for sending messages. It is net send. I dont know all of the switchs and stuff, but basically "net send (computer/workgroup) (message)".

Any NT/2k/XP client will automatically get a pop-up with the message. 9x/ME clients will have to be running winpopup.

Also,.. if you really want to use winpopup.exe,.. you can just copy/paste it to an XP machine and use it. It's just an exe file. I tried it before. It worked. But I don't use it. I was just curious at the time I tried it.

Also, about the popup using command prompt, <a href="http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?PR=1&scid=kb;en-us;Q137143" target="_blank">check this out...</a> And I know the article doesn't mention XP, but it couldn't hurt to try it out.
    Hello World