IE6 Logon password

Thread: IE6 Logon password

Cool IE6 Logon password

I have a problem when connecting to my ISP. If I check the remember password box the next time I try to logon it has added spurious characters to my password so logon fails when verifying my logon name and password - any suggestions

Windows XP has some security features which allows encryption of passwords.. your isp may not like having this security setting... to check whether it is there and amend it do the following:

Click Start , click Control Panel , click Network and Internet Connections , and then click Network Connections .

Click your dial-up connection, and then click Change settings of this connection under Network Tasks .

Click the Security tab, and then verify that Typical (recommended settings) is selected.

In the Validate my identity as follows box, verify that Allow unsecured password is selected.

Click the Options tab.

Click to clear the Include Windows logon domain check box (if it is selected), and then click OK twice.

Reboot (for good measure)

If this doesn't work, also go to windows update and install the critical updates.

Another work around is to create a shortcut on the desktop to your dialup connection.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."