[RESOLVED] XP and old SCSI adapter

Thread: [RESOLVED] XP and old SCSI adapter

furlong47

Resolved [RESOLVED] XP and old SCSI adapter

Hey guys,
    I just installed XP Pro the other night (I'm very happy with it :-) ) and everything works fine except for one little problem. I have a ZIP drive which is SCSI and uses an old ISA SCSI adapter. It is not being identified by XP at all. Are there known issues of this type, as a friend of mine claims, or could something else be wrong? I did have an IRQ reserved in the BIOS for the ZIP under windows98, might I need to go undo that? Or would a newer SCSI adapter possibly do the trick? I just want to avoid buying a whole new ZIP if possible...

------------------
    Furlong47's Poetry Page

"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."
    ~Kurt Vonnegut

Darren Wilson

Add the device manually using the latest Win2K drivers for the SCSI card and it should then work. Almost any ISA card can be got to work in this way as it can in Win2K. I have an onld 3Com 3C509 Etherlink III ISA NIC that both XP or 2K would not detect yet install it manually and it works fine. Any problems, you know how to get hold of me on AIM.

------------------
    FINALLY, Rocco HAS COME BACK to Win-Driverssssss......
    Let the Boobies hit the floor