[RESOLVED] Windows XP and the Netgear RT314 Router

Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows XP and the Netgear RT314 Router

Tech009

Post Windows XP and the Netgear RT314 Router

I know this isn't much of a Windows XP question, but it related to it and networking. I have a Netgear RT314 4port Gateway router that I am using along with my cable modem and home network. Currently I am attempting to run my Cable modem via USB cable to my PC, and the network card from my PC to the router along with my other 2 PCs. So basically the other 2 PCs are connected through my main PC. I know you can just run them all through the hub, but I want to do it this way for other file sharing issues I came into with Windows XP. Anyways, when I try to enable ICS (internet connection sharing) on my main PC it says that the address 192.168.0.1 needs to be used for the sharing, but is already being taken up by a computer. So what I assume is happening, is that Windows XP is trying to dynamically assign the IP and so is my router, what I need to find out is if anyone knows how to disable the dynamic IP address signing for the router so it stops conflicting with the IP addressing of Windows XP. Is it even possible to just telnet into the router and disable it? I keep running into problems with Windows XP and sharing files within the network, and even accessing other computers in the first place. I have done this before and had no problems, but now it is being difficult with Windows XP. If anyone has an idea lemme know. thanks!

dlagace

we are not supposed to double post the same topic in multiple forums.
    Just a friendly reminder.

------------------

"What works for One person May not work for Another"
    God Is My Judge

dLagace=DANIMAL

What he said. Topic continued at:

http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin...ype=&number=35

Topic Closed.

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."