[RESOLVED] Device Conflicts With Hard Drive Controllers

Thread: [RESOLVED] Device Conflicts With Hard Drive Controllers

MichaelD

Unhappy Device Conflicts With Hard Drive Controllers

I have a device conflict with my hard drive controllers(Primary IDE & Secondary IDE.)It says the device is not present or is not installed properly so I ran the Update Device Wizard but the conflicts were still there. Also since the the conflicts appeared my cd-rom has seemed to dissapear. It is not under my computer and no tab is listed in the device manager. I have tried using system restore to fix the problem but it didnt fix it. Please Help. Thank You.
    -MichaelD

---------------------------------------------
    Home Built Computer: Tyan Trinity KT Motherboard, AMD Duron 750 CPU, Maxor 20gig 7200 rpm & Western Digital 1.2 gig Hard Drives, 128mb RAM, Diamond Stealth III Graphics Card, Windows ME, Old Mitsumi CD-Rom

If you are running in compatibility mode...either 1) you have an incompatible DOS CD driver in your config.sys. 2) You have a virus on your system. 3) the HD controller driver installed in Windows is corrupted or not installed properly.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Mustang

The 1.2 gig drive could be possibly causing a problem with the udma settings of the ide controller.
    Try disconnecting the 1.2 gig drive and starting the computer to see if the compatibility issue goes away.

[This message has been edited by Mustang (edited November 25, 2000).]

MichaelD

The 1.2 gig wasn't the problem and I don't have a virus on my computer so I'm guessing I'm going to need to find some hard drive controllers.

MichaelD

I found my problem. I was missing the ideatapi.mpd file in my system/iosubsys directory. If anyone needs this file it can be found at http://www.ecs.com.tw/ecs/cdrom/100xq%26a.htm#Q8

------------------
    Home Built Computer: Tyan Trinity KT Motherboard, AMD Duron 750 CPU, Maxor 20gig 7200 rpm & Western Digital 1.2 gig Hard Drives, 128mb RAM, Diamond Stealth III Graphics Card, Windows ME, Old Mitsumi CD-Rom