Built in FireWall

Thread: Built in FireWall

Post Built in FireWall

With XP having the built in firewall, what's the opinions on using multiple firewalls. I like to use ZoneAlarm. Will the two firewalls conflict with each other and cause holes...or will it just be "double security"? If there any articles on this, I would love to see a link so that I can read up on this. Thanks in advance.
    if(post.eof()){SigBox.setText("Have A Day.");}

Talking

The built in firewall only protects you from incoming packets but not outgoing ones. My friend
    has Zonealarm on XP. It works fine.
    "Thou shalt not kill, remember? What in the hell kind of church man are you?" - Vash the Stampede

I,ve have used xone alarm on xp for some time now with no problems.
    "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them." President George W. Bush

Zonealarm, Tiny, and Sygate all work just fine in XP Pro. Pick which ever one you like the best. The XP firewall works fine for incoming, but does not protect against outgoing, and it's impossible to configure. You're better off with one of the 3 above, and just disable the XP one.
    Who needs a life, I have Internet! <a href="http://members.cnx.net/reboot/" target="_blank">Jim & Sue's Free Files</a> | <a href="http://reboot.8m.com" target="_blank">Jim's Modems</a> | [email protected]