[RESOLVED] XP and SCSI Feedback please

Thread: [RESOLVED] XP and SCSI Feedback please

Rhymerguy

Lightbulb XP and SCSI Feedback please

I'd like to know if anyone is having problems with SCSI cd drive speeds (CD and CDRW)in WinXP

I have a clean-installed copy of WinXP on a system with an adaptec 29160 SCSI card, 2 SCSI Ultra160 hard disks (which are behaving fine), and 2 SCSI CD drives, one plextor 1210S CDRW and one Plextor 40TS (a read only drive). Both drives appear to only be able to read at or below 11x for data, as tested with both cdspeed2000 (nero) and Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 (patched to 5.01, no direct CD installed).

I have an older Toshiba DVD drive (model 1302 - 10x dvd I think) (ATAPI), that is reading data at 19x using the same software to benchmark.

I have written plextor for any insight they might offer, but I'd like to hear about any experiences you folks are having with your SCSI CD drives in WinXP.

All was well with this same system when it was running WinME 1 week ago as far as drive speeds. So of course I am blaming XP,

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

I've been running XP for almost a month now, and I got an external scsi HP CD-RW, which i haven't had any problems with (using XP to write that is). Most of my problems are software related where the software doesn't recognize XP properly.
    Know your role and SHUT your mouth!!!