Window XP PowerToys

Thread: Window XP PowerToys

Thumbs up Window XP PowerToys

I just wanted to say that PowerToys for Windows XP is a free and worthy download. You get Tweak UI and a Command Line launcher. The launcher will let you right click on any directory icon and instantly open a command prompt window in that dir. I've needed this for awhile now.

Here is the Link:

<a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp" target="_blank">http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp</a>

I agree. I've got it installed on my PC too.
    Hello World

I didn't download the Power Toys yet, but I've been using the "CMD prompt here" inf from the Win2K Server Resource Kit with XP. I could not do without it!!! One of the absolute best little add-ons in my opinion. I wonder if the XP version of cmdhere.inf is any different than the 2K version? I haven't had any problems. Hmm...I'll d/l the Power Toys tonight and post back if I find anything interesting.

Ron
    Community standards do not maintain themselves: They're
    maintained by people actively applying them, visibly, in public. - Eric Raymond

Just downloaded...Glad to have it back.

JadedTech

Has anyone seen a 98lite type program that lets you strip the extra foo-foo from the system cleanly??

I think I can disable things like desktop/web integration using tweakui for XP, but I really liked 98lite's setup.

The "Alt+Tab" command is great. When you hold it down, instead of just giving you an icon image, it gives you a screen shot!