[RESOLVED] floppy drive and gigabyte motherboard

Thread: [RESOLVED] floppy drive and gigabyte motherboard

dmarie

Question floppy drive and gigabyte motherboard

Gigabyte GA-71XE Athlon Motherboard. 500 MhZ. 128 PC 133 RAM. Voodoo 3 3000agp. Soundblaster PCI 512. 15 MB Maxtor hard drive. Memorex 48x CD Rom. Sony 12x8x32 multi-read CDRW.

Have problems with floppy drives A&B, the ribbon cable is properly attached. I've tried 2 different floppy drives and 3 different cables. The computer is giving me a an "invalid system disk" (I know the boot disk is good) or I get a "Disk I/O error, replace disk and press any key" It does not matter what disk I put in, I get one of the above messages. No windows boot disk is a valid disk according to the computer. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Since you have tried different ribbon cables, floppy drives and disketes, there is probably a problem with the motherboard.

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

dmarie

That is what I am to.I assume it is a bad Motherboard, but was just wondering if there was a setup thing I wasnt seeing.I gave told it every thing in the bios, and set it up as many ways as I can think,Thanks anyway.

Thumbs up

Good luck then...

------------------
    "Matter is passive. In spite of its power, it can't be controlled without the human mind." Sokrates

My Hardware Info, Hardware Media and Computer History page
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.