Cannot share Dial up in XP!!!!

Thread: Cannot share Dial up in XP!!!!

Question Cannot share Dial up in XP!!!!

I cannot share my AOHell internet connection in WinXP. I click the dialup conection in "Network connections," then click "change settings of this connections," in network tasks. Nothing happens...
    I want to, on the Advanced tab, select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection check box.

Any suggestions?

Comptia A+, MCP.
    "Screws fall out all the time, the world's an imperfect place."
    Judd Nelson- The Breakfast Club

"Toga, Toga, Toga !!!"

Double posted <a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=000826" target="_blank">here.</a>

Anyway, it sounds like the actual connection profile is corrupt somehow. I assume that you can make a connection with it at least?

I would try deleting and recreating it. I won't state the obvious but AOL.......?

Hope this helps, if not then hopefully someone else can post more solutions.

emr

Nah........Me and my boss tried for days to make AO-hell share a connection. Not gonna happen.

BTW, he is an AO-hell user. I am sorry, but he is. He is also my best friend, but cannot get DSL or Cable at his home.

He is going to move soon.
    Follow this link to chat for a quicker answer!

NooNoo, grover, Matridom, cc_penguin, Octavian, crazyman, Major Kong, and Mayet onboard.....And now starring Ya_know!

I don't believe you can share AOL using ICS. AOL usese its own internal dialer which can't be controlled by ICS. You will have to get a standard ISP (one using the standard dial-up).