[RESOLVED] Web Designers

Thread: [RESOLVED] Web Designers

Dark Gokhos

Resolved [RESOLVED] Web Designers

There was a few things I was wondering about web designers just to get a gist of things.

(1) How old are you?

(2) What languages do you know?

(3) Do you design your own graphics or does someone else?

(4) If you currently have a website, do you have a staff and if so, how many members?

I was just wondering to see what most web designers know and what I else I need to learn. Thanks.

Scuba

1. Depend.
    2. English, Hebrew, learning German, little Logo, Pascal, C/C++, JC, VB, larning Perl and CGI.
    3. Alone
    4. Me me and Me

You need to learn HTML, prefer to have some small knolage in programing so you will be able to tweek JC, CGI, Perl SSI and the rest of the stuff.
    Prefer to know or be able to learn PhotoShop.

------------------
    If you are into Non Linear Video Editing :
    www.highvid.com

furlong47

(1) How old are you?

HTML, VB, C++

I design my own

(4) If you currently have a website, do you have a staff and if so, how many members?

No staff, just me

------------------
    Furlong47's Poetry Page
    ROADTRIP!!!

You know it's going to be a long day when you get up, shave and shower, start to get dressed and your shoes are still warm. -- Dean Webber

1. Age: Legal in all states

2. Languages: VB/ASP, javascript/jscript, SQL, xml(if that counts), some php/perl/cgi. Those are the ones in current use. There is also C++, Fortran, Pascal, some COBOL, and a few others but these have not been used in years.

3. Graphics: Done by the graphics department (my finance)

4. Staff: Myself and my future better half. Also for some of the more exotic SQL we do contract that out to a DBA friend.

Dark Gokhos

I'm sorry. When I said languages, I meant web programming languages like HTML and ASP, not human languages. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Sun Zi

Cool

1. 17

2. Does knowing only html code start with "html" and end with "/html" consider knowing HTML?

3. I design some of it.

4. Just me

------------------
    http://5s2st.cjb.net - My class homepage
    http://zibin.50megs.com - Personal homepage

Question

HTML (if you count that), a little Perl, PHP, VB, Basic, Pascal and even some ASP.

When I can I do them myself. When I can't I call upon family, or have a design contest on a few of the webmaster sites and give away prizes!

All by my lonesome, anyone wanna help? Pay stinks, but I can get you free banner ads and maybe more.

------------------
    .·°Danrak°·.
    Coming soon to a web site near you... www.stupidtechtricks.com
    Already at a website near you:
    www.trickhtml.com
    www.freewebarticles.com
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

Ferris

<font face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Geneva" size="2">Originally posted by Dark Gokhos:
    There was a few things I was wondering about web designers just to get a gist of things.

(1) How old are you?

I was just wondering to see what most web designers know and what I else I need to learn. Thanks.

</font>
    1. the wrong side of 30 :-/
    2. HTML, English, French
    3. Do all my own gfx
    4. All done by me, myself, i.

------------------
    i asked for a car, i got a computer. hows that for being born under a bad sign.

Talking

(1) How old are you?

HTML, HTA, CFML, CFSCRIPT(coldfusion), PHP, VB, Javascript, CSS, C++, ActionScript(flash), XML, SQL

Usually do my own.. sometimes call on graphics department if I'm to busy

No staff for my sites just me and friends
    Spend One Hour of Every Day Like it was Your last, you'll Live much better that way

1) 20 (in years, 40 in cynicism)
    2) HTML, XML/XSL, CSS (if that counts on its own), JScript, Java, C, C++(A bit), c#(very little), Delphi, PHP, SQL. I know all natural languanges. Babelfish is my friend . (for conniseurs: il pleut comme une vache pisse).
    3) I do them all by my own
    4) There's five of us and they're all me.

Cad
    There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity. And I am unsure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

1) 30
    2) HTML, JScript, Perl, PHP, mySQL. (English, [Sign Lang: ASL, BSL], some French)
    3) Grafix are all my own work
    4) my multiple personalities work well together "most" days

All fun and games really

(1) How old are you?

php, mysql, asp, html, some java, perl

yes sir

Cant find anyone, guess I scare them all
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...uts/athlon.gif

Do you leak any fluids, do you have any bumps on your rear, do you have any unpleasant odors?
    If you answered yes to any of these then you are not qualified to own a new AMD ATHLON XP.
    If someone ask you if you are running the all-new fastest AMD ATHLON XP, just turn around and reply "WHY YES, AND ITS CERTIFIED"

http://www.daemonprojects.com/

Talking

(1) How old are you?

C/C++ - Uni degree (8 years ago!),
    HTML - 8 years use,
    Java - 8 years use,
    JavaScript - 8 years use,
    VB - 6 years use,
    SQL - 6 years use,
    Perl - 6 years use,
    ASP - 5 years use,
    PHP - 3 years use,
    XML - 3 years use,

Hey, I'm a professional

Not very often now as we employ a freelance designer who does professional looking stuff for us, but if it's something simple or quick then I'm quite happy to get PhotoShop up and running!

If it's a new product then the marketing depts will have already spent a lot on design, so it's a case of translating that to stuff we can use, but if it's a redesign then our designer works with the marketing dept to come up with the graphics.

We currently have about 23 web sites which all require maintenance on a daily (working week) basis.
    Most of this is automated (database jobs) and we also have a custom maintenance package that allows our marketing departments to update pages with text/images/reports etc.
    This leaves my team (I'm the Internet Development Manager for the group) to handle custom work/scripting and other tasks.
    We have 5 people in the team, including myself, so things get quite hectic at times! We used to have a team of 8, but dropped 3 contractors due to budget constraints.

HTH,
    I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
    than screaming in terror like his passengers.
    Jim Harkins
    <a href="http://www.Horrible.Demon.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.Horrible.Demon.co.uk/</a>