Whats wrong with my site?

Thread: Whats wrong with my site?

Post Whats wrong with my site?

Hi,

I started a new site up at <a href="http://www.sector152.com" target="_blank">http://www.sector152.com</a>

Currently, i only have the under construction page, as you can see. The countdown timer is counting down to when the site is open.

The problem is, it takes AGES to load the timer. All it is a simple javascript, but it seems to take a long time to load up.

Can someone please have a look and examine my source code (i have a frames page, so theres 2 you need) to tell me whats wrong with it. Id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Myth
    Micro$oft: Bad Command or Filename

It loaded instantly for me on my cable connection. I haven't got a dial-up connection to try at present, so hopefully someone on a dial-up wil be able to inform you of how fast/slow it actually is.

The only thing I can advise is to make the gif files for the counter smaller in filesize if you can, by using a program that optimises images for webs such as MS Image Composer (included on Frontpage 98 CD) or Adobe ImageReady (included with Photoshop 6)
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

Banned

also in the UK , with a 56k phone line , loaded fairly quickly , ,,,,did not get boared waiting!

seems ok.

freddy

Loaded quickly with a 128k connection. Have you tried disabling the mouse trails and see if it loads quicker for you?
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

Loaded instantly on mine too. Even with a crappy Earthlink DSL connection.
    Hello World