Forms not working

Thread: Forms not working

Post Forms not working

Can someone view the source codes on these pages and tell me why I get blank emails.?
    <a href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/d_n/service_request_form_for_service.htm" target="_blank">form1</a>

<a href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/d_n/feedback.htm" target="_blank">form 2</a>
    my server does not support frontpage extentions so I can't go that route.
    Any ideas.
    I thought changind the "get" line to "post" would do it but no go.
    TIA..
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

TBH your best bet would be to get one of the freeware PERL driven form scripts. There are plenty around and they actually do work (as long as your hosts support external PERL applications. You never know, they may have their own scripts ready to use. Could be worth asking them.
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

I think my service only supports CGI not perl and I took alot of time to design these forms the way they are and would like to keep them as is.
    I was hoping someone could tell me if these forms will or will not work and if so what I am missing in the html to get it to work.

been working on these forms for a couple weeks on and off so I'm getting to the ends of my limits and knowledge of html. LOL

sooner or later i will get my own domain and not have to deal with sympatico's limits.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Chances are if the system supports CGI then it will handle a perl script. And there is a very good chance that your host already some type of form to mail already installed. Check to see what kind of script lib they have. Only other choice is to have the form submit to an email address, but that is not really an option to tell you the truth.

[quote]Originally posted by lysergic:
    <strong> Only other choice is to have the form submit to an email address, but that is not really an option to tell you the truth.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That is what I would like to have.

I been through what I can have and not have already sympatico can't tell me much on the phone and there site sucks for finding any kind of info. the only thing I can ind is that it does support CGI and not frotnpage extensions
    I have a feeling that I only need to edit one thing in the html of those forms.

Danimal. Try this... In your first form tag, make it look like this...

form method="post" action="...

The part in bold above is the part I think you need to add. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's worth a try.
    Hello World

[quote]Originally posted by WebHead:
    <strong>Danimal. Try this... In your first form tag, make it look like this...

form method="post" action="...

The part in bold above is the part I think you need to add. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it's worth a try.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I had it somewhat like that so I tried it your wat but still no go.
    I almost have it figured otu though

thanks Darren
    for the posts that don't seem to be here any more they worked great and also helped in fixing the other form 2 thumbs up Darren.

Luck I got the posts before the upgrade again.

[quote]Originally posted by DANIMAL:
    <strong>thanks Darren
    for the posts that don't seem to be here any more they worked great and also helped in fixing the other form 2 thumbs up Darren.

Luck I got the posts before the upgrade again. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Very lucky although I could have reposted them here if needed.
    Darren Wilson is the ....... MONKEY HUNTER..... Coming to a big screen near you soon!!!

did you try

<form name="mailform" METHOD="POST"
    ACTION="mailto:[email protected]">

for people who don't have any CGI/PHP/Perl support and such -
    There is a free service at <a href="http://www.server.com" target="_blank">www.server.com</a> that do the form to Email thing.
    it can be custumised to fit and web site.

In my case I have put it into a framed HTML page with unseen frames, just to make it look more like my site. you can see how it work at the news letter subscription at my site.
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>

problem solved close please.