Website junk

Thread: Website junk

Post Website junk

Ok first off need sound implementing help. I am doing a website that will have 3 wav samples about 30sec long each. since all of the javascripts i have found for buttons on/off commands with embed dont work i am thinking of making sound links. Make it so people click on a link and it will open a small page with the wav file in the body text and when it stops they just close the window. Will this work? if not please give me some ideas.

Also i am need an ordering info setup. Any ideas on how i should do it? i dont believe it needs to be complicated just need javascript that will send name/age/contact info/and other to the website owner so they can check it but i want it to be secure.

Any ideas on either of these please.

The first one should be easy, just have it a link open a new windows, then have the controls there.

The code for opening in a new window can be as simple as adding:
    [code]
    target="_blank"
    </pre><hr></blockquote>
    in the link, and the music code can be found <a href="http://www.connorswebguide.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=9">here</a> since it will not allow me to post the code here.

Some other people might have a different way though. But that is how I learned to do it, way back when.
    Tech Handbook Filling your computer needs.

The "ordering info setup" page that you're inquiring about, will require a "form" to be created using form objects. The way it works, is to build your form with active buttons, checkboxes, etc. and then to enclose it using "form" tags. For me to explain the form tags here would be difficult to do, so you might want to research it on the internet. They're not used quite the same as say an A HREF tag. You will also need to create a "thank you" page for when the order form's "submit" button is clicked on. This can get a bit tricky. It requires you to decide how the info the page will be sent, where it will be sent, and you're website host has to be able to support the right CGI scripts to enable the form to work properly.

The sound question you're asking about can be done a number of different way's. I would say to think about exactly how you want your users to interact with the sound clips. They could be embedded into a Flash file, hyperlinked, or embedded into the webpage. There's just sooo many different ways of doing it.
    Hello World

Ok ive tried your embed code its still not working. I think its either netscpae 6 or how my code is because i know that script should work. Where exactly should i put the javascript that ur link showed me? in the body/heading/or the true <body script?

Just from looking at it im pretty sure its wrong..doesnt it go into heading and body? well i dont know for sure if can help on this might help overall.

Also on your target="_blank" idea im thinking of using target="new" but i cant find out how to make it so the new window opened will stay on the front of the screen page in the top right corner in small format and stay there when ur viewing the main page

on the link use target="_blank" to make the page open in a new window. you can use Java Script to make the window open is a sertin size.....

on the opened page inside the Body tag incert the code :

>center>>embed SRC="your_file.wav" AUTOPLAY="true">>/center>

you will have to turn the >< to the correct directions.....

if you want to close the window you can use Java script code to automaticly close it after set time.
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>