Javascript & Flash transition

Thread: Javascript & Flash transition

Post Javascript & Flash transition

Aloha,

Okay, picture this... On my unposted site, as an HTML page loads, There are a pair of sci-fi looking doors (simular to Star Wars) that are closed. After a few seconds, the flash doors (with a transparent background), loaded in a DIV element to place them on top of everything else, open to reveal the page.

What I would like to do is, when my guests click a link to another page on my site that loads in the same window, it will load a flash movie that closes the doors. then after the doors have closed, go to the next page which will load with the doors closed, creating a seamless transition between pages.

I figure this will entail a ONCLICK element, and somehow pause the new link about 5 seconds while the doors close. Any help is greatly appreciated, and of course, the simpler the better (I other words, I want to avoid having a different flash file for each link.)

(Let's assume that the SWF movie of the closing doors is called closedoors.swf)

Many Thanks for any help with this javascript.
    Would you Like Batteries with that?

Okay, here's an update... With a little more research, I realized that it's probably not an ONCLICK command, but an ONUNLOAD command in the body tag that I need to use. Now, does anyone out there have the proper code for an ONUNLOAD command that will play a flash movie in a DIV element then, at the end of the flash movie, go to the page that was clicked?
    Would you Like Batteries with that?