Forms and Submit button

Thread: Forms and Submit button

Post Forms and Submit button

Ok got my little form site working with lots of annoying radio buttons now i just need submit button to work. from what ive read i need a specific program to send the info put into the form and i cant just make to submit button src= the email i want it to go to. anyone know any form programs that do this for windows or whatever? any help liked.

PS when info is sent how will it remember which radio button is picked? is that the name u put within the value?

thanks

As far as I know you need to set the form action property to send the data using CGI into a Perl script.

the perl script need to know how to decode the stream of data sent by the form, orgenise it and Email it to you using the server's SendMain.

Much less complicated then you think.
    Got o <a href="http://www.cgi101.com" target="_blank">www.cgi101.com</a> and start reading. I think it's on page 6.
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>

Ok,.. this is a pretty easy one. Actually you just need a cgi script in the "cgi-bin" folder. Whoever is hosting your site should have that in there already. Next, for the HTML code you should delimit all the FORM objects with FORM tags. You probably already know that part though. But for the actual submission to work, you should have a line like this:
    INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="submit" VALUE="Search" style="background-color: white ;
    font size=10 ' font-family: arial; color: blue size="1"

And the line above should be delimited with carrots (I don't know how to display the html code in this post with carrots, so you just should add them.)
    Anyway, there is INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT". That is the button that will send the data somewhere. It should work if it resembles what is written above. But now you need to decide where it will send to. Maybe your email address? Or maybe a text file? I used to have a form on my website, and I told it to send to my email address. So now you need to make your first FORM tag look something like this (also delimited in html carrots.)
    FORM NAME="search" METHOD="GET" ACTION="mailto:[email protected]"

I hope that all makes sense. It's really alot easier than it sounds. Just follow those instructions and you should be cool.

Just remember these 3 things:
    1) cgi script is required in the bin folder
    2) INPUT TYPE should be set to submit
    3) In the start FORM tag, that is where you tell it where to submit. It can even be a designated webpage you've created.
    Hello World