Question

Thread: Question

Post Question

Ok, here goes. I don't know if this can be done, so I thought I'd ask here.

Is it possible on a page (say setup with tables) to have the content in a certain table be embedded I guess you would say into that table from another html file?

example: On our church's website (which I was somehow volunteered to work on), I've got it set up in tables (maybe not the best design but it works.) On the left side of the page, there is a table that has the links to other sections of the site. Instead of having that on every single page, it would be alot easier to have just one file that was referred to for that frame for updating purposes, etc. I would prefer not to do frames because I don't like them.

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas? I've looked through the HTML book I have, but can't find anything similar to that. TIA!
    "If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it."
    -Homer Simpson

Send me some source(just the text) and I will see if I can embed an HTML in the table for you. If it works, I will send it back to you with instructions.
    Note: To correct display problems, hold the "ALT"key and press"F4".

I dont know the code off hand, but i know there is a feature in Frontpage that is called "Include" that does exactly what you are looking for. Maybe go into frontpage and add just that piece and view that code.
    Steven Henry

Ok, I found out how to do it in FP. It's actually a FP bot thing that it puts in, but here's the code that it inserts:

< !--webbot bot="Include"
    U-Include="whatever.htm" TAG="BODY" -->

I tried inserting this in just a test page, and it seems to work for the most part, it just doesn't have all of the formatting and things exactly like it should be.
    -Homer Simpson

You need to use SSI include statments and your server need to support SSI.

I do it at my site, both upper, left and right tables and bars are done this way.
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>

I don't know if this is the best way or not, but I found I could use the iframe tag to do basically the same thing. It took a little tweaking but it appears to be working now. Thanks for everyone's help.

EDIT I found out that I could use the SSI include statement. That's the way I'm gonna go now. Thanks again for everyone's help.
    -Homer Simpson