[RESOLVED] Please, tell me. Is it too boring?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Please, tell me. Is it too boring?

debbiesweety233

Resolved [RESOLVED] Please, tell me. Is it too boring?

Some of my guildmates tell me my website is too boring. I tell them "that is the point, easy and quick loading, no special plug ins... I think it has a nice color for a Guild Site (is not for a business) and I did the graphics myself. So, please, suggestions, comments, ideas are all appreciated. Thanks, Debbiesweety http://www.elvencrusaders.com

Wink

Your site title says "Untitled Document"

Why Do Prisons Use Windows ME?

Because it always Locks Up

(Futurama)

You can download a free copy of dreamweaver at http://www.cnet.com in the download section I did my site from dreamweaver;smokinparts.com
    Computer Shop Owner A+ COMPTIA
    Tampa Bay Communications Inc
    http://www.smokinparts.com/smokinpartslogo

The home page should be more interesting for starters. Right now it is only a news page, and to be quite honest, I didn't understand a word of what was there. You need to have an introduction on the main page. Maybe if you explained what was going on, it wouldn't be so boring!

Play a real game like Unreal Tournament. hehe Jk, the site is good, but it is not good for a person that happens to find it, it would have to be for someone that knows it's a "Everwaste" site.

debbiesweety233

It is intended only for those in my guild. So im not too concerned about someone stumbling into it. I used Homesite and Dreamweaver to build it.
    It is to announce news for our guild, raids and such....
    What specifically would you recomend?

debbiesweety233

oh, and by introduction, do you mean something about the game itself? cause, everyone coming to my site is in my guild, or other people that play everquest. Like i said, it is only intended for those that are in my guild to come and get news and see pictures and post information.

Hey, finally got the site to come up. I had troubles with it loading last week. It looks like a few things are still having problems.

When first loading the site, it looks to me like it is trying to load a sequence of different graphics to give a theatrical type of intro to the site. Well, maybe I'm wrong about that, but whatever it was didn't work right. It would load each graphic about halfway and then start to replace it with the next one. I never got to see the complete graphic.

And, it looks like you are using a simple frames set up, with a navbar at the left, a title bar at the top, and then the main viewing window. Well, the title bar isn't showing up correctly to me, I can only see the top half of it.

I wouldn't worry about an intro - you are correct. Only EQ players will recognize that this is an EQ site. And really, only your guildmates will be using it (or potential guildmates I would guess). The site isn't really to help non-EQers so I wouldn't worry about making it that way. I wouldn't worry about it being too boring either. The game is supposed to be what is exciting, not the website. The website is just supposed to be a place to gather info and swap stories and get together with other players. You really can't jazz that up too much.

Other than that the site looks nice, and is very simple to get around in. The colors look good too.
    Beano

jimmr13

Keep waiting for Bilbo,Merry.Pipin, and Gandof the White to appear. Sorry Not the Hobbit! But it loaded okay not fast not slow but okay, Think you need to work on the loading time, First.Acts like everything is out of sinq.

I like the site. The only thing about it that I noticed, was the font was a little to "serify" or maybe "scripty" for me. My eyes enjoy looking at more sans-serif fonts because they're easier on the eyes.
    Hello World

good site i liked it but the intro graphics didnt show up all the way, but other than that it was easy on the eyes and very simple to move around.
    Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don't have that problem.- Ronald Reagan