[RESOLVED] err: 1439 in Word2k , who knows what this means and how to fix it ?

Thread: [RESOLVED] err: 1439 in Word2k , who knows what this means and how to fix it ?

Wismerhill

Resolved [RESOLVED] err: 1439 in Word2k , who knows what this means and how to fix it ?

Hi,
    we're using a merge between Exact for DOS and Word 2000, now when my documents are trying to merge i receive errorcode 1439.

Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it in plain english and not in microsoftish ?

Thanx already

------------------

Can it be that it was all so simple then ?

Lowland

I don't know the answer, but it would help if you could say at which stage of the merge you get this error

For example, if it is when trying to invoke the merge wizard, it could be to do with:

Data access through ODBC (ie a driver problem)
    Data access across a network (ie a permissions problem)
    Data compatibility with the Exact programme

If the two apps can connect, and by default Word will launch the data app if it is a programme, and you can insert fields etc, bvut the merge will not take place, it could be to do with the database itself

Know this is not very helpful, but may steer you in a direction?

Good luck!

------------------
    Politicians are like nappies (diapers!) - they need to be changed regularly, and for exactly the same reason.

Come visit <a href="http://www.lowlandgroup.co.uk" target="_blank">www.lowlandgroup.co.uk</a> and see what we do - jump to a Dumfries community site from us