Cancel replacing file on ftp server using frotpage

Thread: Cancel replacing file on ftp server using frotpage

Post Cancel replacing file on ftp server using frotpage

The frontpage always ask me to replace the file on the webpage when it's updated. I've cancel it several times butit just continue came out when ever i want to pulblish my site. How do i disable it?
    Hi

Mmm
    There are a number of things you could do.

1) Front Page to a front page enabled web-site doesn't use ftp, it publishes directly to the site, usinng a URL prefix http:\\

2) Front page always queries the server to see what status the files you want replaced have. The message you mention usually occurs when the destination file has been altered by someone else, or using another Server_Author authentication

3) FrontPage files are published according to the parameters you put in at dial-up/log-on (That is, when you hit "Publish Web") You can choose to publish only changed pages, or overwrite all content. Lot's of issues here, but normally "Publish only changed pages" will suffice

4) Within Front Page page properties, you can choose under "Workgroup" to exclude pages from being published

Perhaps one of these thoughts will help you resolve your problem

Good luck

I would recommend publishing only changed pages. It saves time. Also, If it prompts you to overwrite, you could push Yes to All.