Sharing Contact lists In Outlook

Thread: Sharing Contact lists In Outlook

Post Sharing Contact lists In Outlook

Hey, does anybody out there know how to share a contact list between 2 people in Outlook 2000. Don't say MS Exchange server... this is a Peer-to-peer network in a small office setup between "the boss" and the secretary. Basicly she wants to be able to enter in contacts, and it show up on his computer. Now, this isn't using WAB, but the contacts feature from Outlook. Don't know if that matters. Is there any way to point her contacts to the file on his PC and the two use that one? Anyway, I haven't invested much time into it, but from what I've seen there's not really an easy way to do it... does anyone out there know of some sort of third party software, or maybe another way to "make it work." Any useful info would be great... well any useless info would be good too!

Thanks

J
    - Hey, why is it I see so many ads now that I have a cable modem?
    - That's because you're online a lot more.
    - oh yeah.

Talking

Yes, here is how to do it.

To share contacts:-

Two identity folders automatically exist in the Address Book: the Main Identity's Contacts folder and a folder that allows you to share contacts with other identities—the Shared Contacts folder. Neither of these folders can be deleted (although folders for additional identities will appear as new identities are created).

You can make a contact available to the other identities by putting it in the Shared Contacts folder. You can create a new contact in the shared folder, or you can share an existing contact by moving one of your contacts into the Shared Contacts folder.

If you cannot see the Shared Contacts folder on the left, point to the View menu and select Folders and Groups.

To share a contact
    In the contacts list, select the contact you want to share.

Drag the contact to the Shared Contacts folder or to one of its subfolders.
    This will allow other identities to see the contact.

Notes
    If you drag a contact to the Shared Contacts folder, you have moved it, and it no longer exists in the original folder. You can make a copy of the contact information for your folder, but changes there will not be reflected in the Shared Contacts folder or vice versa.
    Man can not live on beer alone....But he can sure try!

There's a Wizard to setup shared contacts. Just launch your copy of Outlook. Select File/Share/Contacts from the main menu and follow the prompts.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."