"Valid Password" - Access 2000

Thread: "Valid Password" - Access 2000

Cool "Valid Password" - Access 2000

We think a user opened an access database in Word by mistake. Now the database file will open but any attempt to open a table/query etc results in "Error, not a valid Password".

I've never seen this message before. Is there a fix or someway of disabling this message permantly?
    Good day to be alive, sir
    Good day to be alive he says, yeah

[quote]We think a user opened an access database in Word by mistake. Now the database file will open but any attempt to open a table/query etc results in "Error, not a valid Password".
    I've never seen this message before. Is there a fix or someway of disabling this message permantly?

<hr></blockquote>
    Can you give some more details?

Are you trying to access the data through word again?

Is the database on a network, or on the same machine you are trying to access from?

Has the database had security (permissions) applied?

Cool

Are you trying to access the data through word again?

No, through Access 2000. The database opens OK, but I cannot open any tables/reports/etc without this message box appearing.

Is the database on a network, or on the same machine you are trying to access from?

It is a different machine, with an identical image installed. The file is stored on a Netware 3 server, but there are no problems with accessing it from the server.

Has the database had security (permissions) applied?

Don't know. It may have been password protected, the person who designed and wrote it is on holiday at the moment and unavailable till the New Year.

I did find the error code on MS support site. It gave instructions to create a module that will give access to the file, but it did not work.
    Good day to be alive, sir
    Good day to be alive he says, yeah

Ok, so you can launch the database but not access the objects?

If so, try going tools>security>User and Group permissions and

1) See if you can take ownership of the objects (you'll see how to do that!)

2) See if you can change the database password (that'll tell you if it is password protected)

3)TRy Tools>OptionsTables/queries and re-set the Run Permissions radio button (check the opposite one to the one checked when you open

Good luck!