DVD to home t.v.

Thread: DVD to home t.v.

Post DVD to home t.v.

Would it be possible and feasible to install a DVD device into my pc, so I may watch DVD movies on my 25" color t.v.? What would I need to make this possible?
    "I see your lips moving but all I hear is 169.blah.blah.blah."

u need to buy a TV out device or change your svga card with tv out!!

So, if I were to buy a dvd drive and a dvd decoder card with a svideo output, then I should be o.k.?
    "I see your lips moving but all I hear is 169.blah.blah.blah."

Chat Moderator Great White North's Avatar

You should be ok. Do u have s/video jack on tv or will you be running rca? get s/video much better on card if you can
    Igloos for sale!! Buy them today keep the cold away!

Banned

I,m using a geforce 2 MX400 , (unbranded) 64m with TV out and am running direct to my monitor +tv with a scart adaptor to the tv, you have to go into v/card settings and set it to clone (TV) NOTE the winxp dvd player (standard one) will not play unless you get the LATEST drivers , and then will only play thru tv OR monitor (not both) ,,NOT ENOUGH MEMORY !!!!!64meg , however windvd does play thru both at the same time,

freddy

Make sure that the TV out card have also RCA Composit jack as most TV's don't have a S-VHS inputs.
    Some cards (Matrox for example) can work in special DVD mode (DVD-Max) so you will not need a clone mode and resolution changes on the monitors in order to watch DVD's as most VGA cards with TV out need to be set to 800X600 in order for the TV out to work.
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>