photoshop 7

Thread: photoshop 7

Post photoshop 7

Hey scuba, or anyone for that matter. Seen any advance copies of Photoshop 7 yet? I've seen the stuff at adobe.com in the way of what it can do but I was wondering if anyone had seen the actual product yet. It's not available to purchace yet but I was thinking that maybe somone out there has some connections or something?

Chirp, Chirp... <--Sound of crickets.

I only hear frogs outside my place....usually loud enough to get me thinking of Hitchock movies....
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

[quote]Originally posted by Sowulo:
    <strong>I only hear frogs outside my place....usually loud enough to get me thinking of Hitchock movies.... </strong><hr></blockquote>

Guess the frogs ate all the crickets.

Sorry, was out for a vecation for a week and work place change made me little unconnected.....

Only read about it.
    From what I hear there are no big changes. but it's Mix roumors.....
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>

[quote]Originally posted by Scuba:
    <strong>Sorry, was out for a vecation for a week and work place change made me little unconnected.....

Only read about it.
    From what I hear there are no big changes. but it's Mix roumors.....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ahh. Where did you go? Have fun?

Here's a link to a site I found reviewing Photoshop 7.0
    "If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it."
    -Homer Simpson

[quote]Originally posted by flyboy747:
    <strong>Here's a link to a site I found reviewing Photoshop 7.0</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow what a great link! whew lot's of info!
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

[quote]Originally posted by Gollo:
    <strong>

Wow what a great link! whew lot's of info!</strong><hr></blockquote>

LOL! I knew I forgot something. Sorry bout that. Here it is...

<a href="http://wdvl.internet.com/Reviews/Graphics/Photoshop7/index.html" target="_blank">Photoshop 7</a>
    "If there's a better use for the Internet, I haven't found it."
    -Homer Simpson

Looks impressive!

I just wish I had the time to master one version before the nexte one came out

I'm still finding out new things with 6.0.1!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

as a long time user of photoshop since version 2.0 and used almost everydate since .. 7 is going to be more easily ready for the p4 and its bus..

we all know how much when rending and things eats any processor to its knees .. when it comes out i will get me a copy and do a complete review of it and let you all know how i feel about it .. but right now im not ready to drop 6.01 so well have to see
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over

[quote]Originally posted by JvaGuy:
    <strong>...when it comes out i will get me a copy and do a complete review of it and let you all know how i feel about it .. but right now im not ready to drop 6.01 so well have to see</strong><hr></blockquote>

Awesome!
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JvaGuy:
    <strong>as a long time user of photoshop since version 2.0 and used almost everydate since .. 7 is going to be more easily ready for the p4 and its bus..

we all know how much when rending and things eats any processor to its knees .. when it comes out i will get me a copy and do a complete review of it and let you all know how i feel about it .. but right now im not ready to drop 6.01 so well have to see</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not ready to ditch 6.01 yet either. I still prefer to use 5.5 with one effect that they made a heck of a lot more difficult in 6. Still the healing brush and the rubberstamp being able to compensate for lighting will be a real boon.

Well I got it.

And it's different and the changes they made were significant.

There are new tools like the healing brush which makes rubberstamping blemishes and other whatnot really easy. One cool thing is a flow feature on the brushes. It works like the flow of ink from a highlighter and is really nice.

The interface is similar but they removed the ability to shrink and expand pics at will with the scroll wheel on the mouse. It locks into position as soon as you reach the size of the window. I hate that. If anyone knows how to unlock this drop me an e-mail.

Overall, it's as different from 6 as 6 was from 5.

heres my review on it

its a xp version of photoshop .. the airbrush and things missing with now just paint and stuff is weird

over all im very happy with it and all my filters work to which is something im im pressed inclduing having boths eyecandys .. which yes i both 4000 and 3.01

the masking and things is much eaiser and i found adding text is much more sharp to .. i would say now that ive used it a bit it is was worth the cash for it ..

however if your a die hard 5.x fan it may not be worth it and i would try a test copy .. other wise 6.01 users its a give and take to go to it as well .. alot of things have changed alot and some are very much the same likeusing the wheel to rendering has changed but other things have not so its one of them things youll have to try and see
    Life is like a bowl of rotten cherries that molden over