How do I get this effect?

Thread: How do I get this effect?

Post How do I get this effect?

I was watching CKY3K (skateboarding video from a few of the MTV Jackass crew) and there is an effect that I am unable to duplicate with Adobe premier 6 and After Effects 5.5.

Basically, there is the equivalent of a diffuse glow (from photoshop). I know it's not a camera effect a as some of this is old footage from a previous video that was altered. I have tried the glow effect in AE but can not duplicate the quality of the effect (well, it doesn't even come close).

Anyway, if any of you (scuba - you still here?) know how to do this let me know.

Here is a link to a clip of the vid showing what I am talking about.

<a href="http://fish.dirtylittle.com/cky3k.wmv" target="_blank">http://fish.dirtylittle.com/cky3k.wmv</a>

ILTU I would pm or email scuba - he is no longer in a tech environment, he pops in now and again, but not regularly I am afraid
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Lightbulb

Have you tried diffusing your own extra glow over the section - so just a blank 'whiteish' shot with increasing gamma...I dunno how well I'm describing that, I can see the clip but the image is shonky! so I'm not certain what effect I can see?

Originally posted by confus-ed
    Have you tried diffusing your own extra glow over the section - so just a blank 'whiteish' shot with increasing gamma...I dunno how well I'm describing that, I can see the clip but the image is shonky! so I'm not certain what effect I can see?

Overlay a semi transparent fog? That what you mean? Might be able to do that, dunno. As for upping the gamma or putting on a glow - I've tried it. The glow is grainy and the gamma ups the light on everything, not just the bright stuff. There is also a "fog" over the foreground objects that the diffuse glow does the other effects do not. Thing is that the diffuse glow is not an effect outside of photoshop (so far as I can see).

FilmFX

Try to use FilmFX from www.bigFX.com
    The PlugIn work in both Premier and AE and they have several efects and filters for just this kind of stuff
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>

Re: FilmFX

Originally posted by Scuba
    Try to use FilmFX from www.bigFX.com
    The PlugIn work in both Premier and AE and they have several efects and filters for just this kind of stuff
    YAY! You're alive! Good to hear from ya!

I will look into it tonight -thank you oh great video deity.

Re: Re: FilmFX

Originally posted by ilovetheusers

YAY! You're alive! <-- Not really // Good to hear from ya!

I will look into it tonight -thank you oh great video deity. <-- I wish //
    If you are into Video Editing : <a href="http://www.highvid.com" target="_blank">www.HighVid.com</a>

What about shooting the scene with a bluescreen behind it, then adding the glow effects?
    Hello World

My reasons for putting the effect on is that I love the diffuse glow effect. There is nothing like it and it adds that certain something that I like.

Besides, I don't have a studio of any sort to film in.