[RESOLVED] Please Help, Hard Drive problems

Thread: [RESOLVED] Please Help, Hard Drive problems

unknown-

Post Please Help, Hard Drive problems

I've recently been experiencing problems installing/transferring files from my cd-rom/rw/zip drive to my hard drive. At any given point when installing/transferring files the computer freezes and gives me a blue screen with the following error message:

"Disk Write Error. Unable to write to disk in drive C:. Data or files may be lost"

The installation/transfer becomes corrupt and I get the same blue screen numerous times during the process. I reformatted the hard drive and still get the same error. I've run scandisk, virus scanned, defragmented and still the same thing. My only thought is that I need new IDE cables or perhaps a new hard drive? I think my FAT is corrupt because sometimes when I restart the computer it takes me straight to scandisk. I have the latest fixes from Windows Update.

Specs: WinME, P3 850, Quantum 26gb

Any help will be appreciated.

Darren Wilson

If you read my post HERE you will see I had a similar problem.

------------------
    'I won't deny ya, I'm a straight Ridah, You don't wanna f#@k with me'
    Tupac Shakur
    '*****ionz as a Ridah'
    All Eyez On Me
    CD 1 Track 1.

Valkerie

Check cables and the jumpers a second time, otherwise move to another chan and try again, if you get anymore probs then drop me a line and i shall see if i can check with a mate of mine who is a 1st class technical guru

<my BEST mate for bailing me out so many times !>

unknown-

I've emailed HP and they will service the computer under the 1 year warranty agreemnet. Thanks to the people who've replied to my post.