256 nec pc 133 mem
    geforce 256 vid
    sb-live snd
    3com 10/100 net
    maxtor 20GB U66 7200 hdd
    acer cd-rom
    hp cd-rw
    my problem:
    the computer will work fine with a PIII 600E pro, then i went and bought a PIII 1GHz and now the computer will not boot past the mem count or it will not boot past verifing dmi pool..., i have the latest bios update, that was the first thing that i did. i tried changing mem timming - that did not work. i sent that pro back and got another one - same boot prob. the pro is a flip chip and i bought an adapter at MPC. but the funny thing is it will boot when i clock it down to 700MHz with 100FSB, but now it is starting to freeze and will not boot into windows!!! can any one please help???????

The front side bus speed for each chip might differ and therefore that might be the reason the PIII 1000 MHz doesn't work on your motherboard.

Wait...just checked ABit's site here are the specs:

1. Supports Intel PentiumŽ III 450~800 MHz processor cartridge based on 100 & 133 MHz FSB
    2. Supports Intel PentiumŽ II 233 ~ 450 MHz processor cartridge based on 66 & 100 MHz FSB
    2. Supports Intel CeleronŽ 266 ~ 533 MHz processor based on 66 MHz FSB
    3. Reserves support for future Intel PentiumŽ III processors

It only goes up to 850 MHz PIII no matter what. So even if you underclock the 1000 MHz chip, it probably still won't work, even if the 1000 MHz chip is flip-chip or slot.

But...I could be wrong. Most of my experience lies with Pentiums, Celerons, PII, and some AMD K6 and Athlon. Not much with PIII or PIV.

Oh well...that's my two cents. Good luck!
    "I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison." - WC Fields

Darren Wilson

Update your BIOS to VT6X4TG or higher for support upto 1Ghz.
    http://www.abit.nl/english/download/...bios-vt6x4.htm

If this doesn't work then it is possible the convertor card is either faulty or not designed for Coppermine processors.

Red face

i know the specs only say it can go up to 850 but it also says that it reserves the right for future pro, and when i called them and asked if it could handle a PIII 1GHz they said it could!
    *I have already updated my bios to the newest version