VB does not recognize data type

Thread: VB does not recognize data type

Post VB does not recognize data type

I'm using VB6 and Access 2000 to do a project. Everytime I link a data control to the access file and try to assign a recordsource, I get the invalid data type error.

Have any of you seen this before? If so, how did you fix it?
    Stress.... The uncontrollable urge to choke the living $417 out of someone who desperately needs it.

Ignorance.... The inherent capacity to demand of someone else that which one is too lazy to learn/perform for one's self.

User....An individual who, through immense proportions of ignorance, create stress.

Lightbulb

Haven't seen it personally but have you got your references setup correctly?

VB -> Project -> References

You may also be using an older control which doesn't support Access 2000. Check this in your control toolbox to ensure you have the right version.
    I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
    than screaming in terror like his passengers.
    Jim Harkins
    <a href="http://www.Horrible.Demon.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.Horrible.Demon.co.uk/</a>

Thanks! I'm checking now.
    Stress.... The uncontrollable urge to choke the living $417 out of someone who desperately needs it.

Ignorance.... The inherent capacity to demand of someone else that which one is too lazy to learn/perform for one's self.

User....An individual who, through immense proportions of ignorance, create stress.