to C or C++ .............that is the question

Thread: to C or C++ .............that is the question

Post to C or C++ .............that is the question

hi, i been using VB6 for about a year now, and im ready (i hope ) to move on to something more powerfull, of course, what first comes to mind is...
    C
    now the deal is, what you guys think, do i start learning C and the move on to C++ ? or do i skip C and start with C++ right from the start?
    "Dumb Is not the One who does not know, But the one that does not know AND DOES NOT ASK!"

What kinds of stuff do you want to write? Where are your interests when it comes to programming?

There are colleges out there that start their programming students with learning C++. That is the path that my school has us do. I have not heard of any schools that start students out with C, but that is not to say there are none. I think starting with C++ would be a good step. However depending on what you respond to what Renee asked, C may be better.
    Faith is the substance of things not known and the Evidence of things not seen.

I'll say this without even knowing your answer to my question. If you want to learn them both, start with C. If you don't, there's no reason why you can't start with C++.