[RESOLVED] Beginner needs urgent vb help please!!!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Beginner needs urgent vb help please!!!

myth

Resolved [RESOLVED] Beginner needs urgent vb help please!!!

Hi,

Ive just started learning about visual basic. im using version 5. I recently went to www.planet-source-code.com, as i was after some simple source code to help me get going (really simple apps). I downloaded a few of the zip files, extracted them, and run the project file (.vbp extension, right?)
    This launches Visual Basic 5 (Pro version), but i immediately get an error message saying "'Retained' is an invalid key. See log file for help'" Im mistified by this completely, as EVERY SINGLE source code iv got does it!!! The website says they are compatible with Visual Basic 5 and 6, and the source code uses the WinSock control, which i have got installed and loaded. IVe even done a complete full install of VB5, incase i missed something, but nothing helps.

I opened the .vbp file in a text editor and found a line called 'Retained = 0'

Anyhelp would be great, as its been bugging me for ages. Il be upgrading to Visual Basic 7 next month if nothing works, and i hope it solves the problem if no one comes up with a solution else id have wasted a lot of money!

Thanks,

Myth

------------------
    Micro$oft: Bad Command or Filename

Open the .vbp file in any text editior and remove the whole string containing the retained key. VB6 creates some keys that are not reconized by previous versions of vb.

myth

Smile

thanks an awful, it worked.

------------------
    Micro$oft: Bad Command or Filename