Win2k Security Issue - Please help

Thread: Win2k Security Issue - Please help

Post Win2k Security Issue - Please help

I have a share setup on our network with permissions granted to "everyone". The problem occurs when a user creates a new folder on the share. The new folder does not propigate the permissions from the parent (i.e...there are no permissions set on that folder). An administrator has to set security on the new folder before documents can be saved or accessed from that new folder. Any ideas?

OK - make sure that it's not only shared to everyone but the security is set to everyone and make sure they have permission to write and create. I think you said that it's set up like this but I'm not 100%.

Also be sure that the user has an account on the machine they will access with the appropriate permissions.

Be sure the "allow inheritable permissions from parent to propogate to this object" is checked off.

Hope that helps.

I thank you for your response, but it still doesn't work. I checked "Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propegate this object", but to no avail. Any other ideas?

The folder on the "server" has it checked as well as on the users end? Past that I'm out of gas. I just set up accounts on my home machines (both 2000pro) and did what you did and that was my answer. Perhaps you could ask a mod to move this to the tech to tech forum where you may get a few more hits from those more experienced with networking.